Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to feed my 2 ferals and they came out right away. I'm guessing they may be gorging before the cold weather comes as they have been eating much more than usual. Anyways, i'm filling their bowls and changing the water as usual and both are so freaking close, which is a big deal for Katica as she is much more skittish than Mija. Mija starts to eat out of the bowl as i'm filling it so I decided to take a chance and pet her and she let me!! Maybe because she was hungry and was preoccupied with the food...I don't know but am so happy I got to pet her.

The pics were taken about a month ago.

Mija (Cheddar & Devon's "aunt"):

Katica (Cheddar & Devon's mom):

My 2 baby girls:

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
that's how it's done Cheddar! Even the pros say to use slow pets when they are eating. You can also gently move their face away from the food so they get used to your putting your hands on them. I watched a couple videos about a guy in NYC that tames ferals so now I'm an expert. Ha!! :crazy

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw, how cute are they? Awesome Mija let her pet you! Merry Christmas to you!
I'm pretty stoked about it!! :)

Mija is so cute and I can see where Devon and Cheddar get their exceptional looks. Katica is gorgeous!
Her eyes are so beautiful in the sunlight, looks like they glow. Not sure if I have one of her in proper light, i'll try to find one.

Aww, they are so pretty!
Thank you. :)

that's how it's done Cheddar! Even the pros say to use slow pets when they are eating. You can also gently move their face away from the food so they get used to your putting your hands on them. I watched a couple videos about a guy in NYC that tames ferals so now I'm an expert. Ha!! :crazy
Can you send me the link? :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Great looking cats. They are enjoying their outdoor life, it agrees with them. Finally being able to touch a feral is a wonderful thing, glad they are coming around.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking cats. They are enjoying their outdoor life, it agrees with them. Finally being able to touch a feral is a wonderful thing, glad they are coming around.
I got to pet her again today. I promise I won't post every time this happens. It's just a nice thing to happen during such a crappy time here.

That's great! Mija knows you're a nice peepul!!!

Cool cats...

Nice tractor too...
Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Wow, they're both beautiful - I love their coloring. :) How great that Mija let you pet her! It'll be Katica's turn soon. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts