Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I harvested the first of my jalapenos earlier today and enjoyed a few on break at work. Pretty good heat for so early in the season. So about 30mins later I'm surfing away, and just happen to stick my finger in my eye. owowowowwwoooohototoburrn. So I get that cleared up and I'm eating a few more laughing at my stupidity, and the cleaning crew comes through, I figure I better go take a pee so they can have the bathroom.

OWOWHOTOWWWWOWhothothot. :flame :fust

I had to raid the first aid cabinet for wipes and burn gel and I'm still dying here.

ALWAY WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER HANDLING FRESH HOT PEPPERS!!!

stupidstupidstupid :dis

(and I kept thinking after I lit my eye up "well at least you didn't go to the bathroom you big dummy." lolz)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I cut up chilies once and even after washing my hands very well about 4 hours later when I came to take my contacts out... well you get the idea :)

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
catnip said:
(and I kept thinking after I lit my eye up "well at least you didn't go to the bathroom you big dummy." lolz)
...just curious... Are you blond? :D
Oh, your story! While painful, was VERY funny! :lol: I feel bad for you. My step-dad liked hot peppers and would eat them until he had tears running down his face and proclaim them "Good! These are good!"

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, thats a good way to put it. I do shave my head on occasion, but I also have a full head of hair but it's kinda darker now, used to have really long hair in fact. Ah yes, my blond flowing mullet days. I looked like an albino in the summer.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I loved this story! Just wait til the peppers make their way through the rest of your body. Tomorrow might be a interesting day also 8O .

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
NO PLEASE NO DETAILS PLEASE NO.

Also Steve... I'm sorry but.... You UTTER numpty.... 8O

holy crap, I've gone into spasm just thinking about the pain that must have caused..... 8O

·
Registered
374 Posts
No one ever warned me to wear rubber gloves if you're gonna handle hot peppers. And we lived in Texas at the time! There should be a warning in every Texas grocery store by the veggie aisles. I cleaned banana peppers for a recipe (and they're not that hot), everything smelled good, everything was going good, dinner was cooking. And ... then ... my ... hands ... felt ... like ... they were on fire!!!!!!! 8O Nothing I did could get rid of the heat. When I spoke with my neighbor, she asked me "well, didn't you put on gloves before you handled the peppers???? It's the oil in the pepper itself that burns the skin." Now she decided to tell me this?!?

Oh well. Lesson learned. Haven't bought hot peppers since :) I feel for you Steve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts