Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the local doppler radar and the nexrad up on the screen. They're tracking supercell thunderstorms and at least 2 tornados coming straight for us. I have Cabela inside, already on her leash, and all the Jellicles are in their carriers, just waiting to see what happens next.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are telling us that we are in the clear, just going to have some heavy rain for the rest of the night :? Only thing is, from what I understand, the storm went right through the city of Bowling Green about 20 miles from here, missed up by a couple of miles, and on the radio it sounds like the little town of Woodburn was heavily damaged. Weather makes me feel so helpless..

Thank you for the prayers :)

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I'm up in Ohio, I'm getting the same weather and alerts as well. It looks like the big stuff is going to hit Indiana for the most part...so let's keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Bad weather is scary, Mike. I am so happy you and the kitties are out of harm's way.
Winter is coming to Minnesota. We should have some snow on the ground shortly. :dis

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
We're in the path of some very heavy storms tonight. However, last week, when I was in Ohio, a tornado touched down about 1/2 mile from my location. :( That is only the second time I have ever had to hide from a possible tornado. That's enough for me!

·
Registered
562 Posts
8O Wow, I can't even imagine what it must be like to have such a big unstoppable threat hanging over you like that! The worst we see here is a fraction of what you guys get. Hope that it passes you all by and you're all safe. :)

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Jeanie said:
We're in the path of some very heavy storms tonight. However, last week, when I was in Ohio, a tornado touched down about 1/2 mile from my location. :( That is only the second time I have ever had to hide from a possible tornado. That's enough for me!
Yup, I'm in Cinci and it jumped over the Ohio River not far from me, but I wasn't disturbed, thank god.

I heard another one was in Ohio last night, too...sigh. I didn't sleep well last night and my windchimes were going all night.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kitkat said:
Stay safe! I am picturing all your kitties in their carriers, they must be like "Where are we going!?" 8)
Awww, they were so disappointed. After the storm passed and I was sitting them out of the carriers, they had that "I thought we were going somewhere?" look on their faces :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts