Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I got Sheba when she was just 3 weeks old, she is now 3. Although we have one other cat now Charm and when we got her we had two other cats Charm and Mandy, about a year ago we had to have our sweet Mandy put down. She was 17 and had become senile. biting and scratching for no apparent reason and then began using the whole house as her litter box. The vet said there was no going back from this and it would be best for her to go ahead and make that painful decision. Sheba adjusted well to loosing her surrogate mommy and seemed to bond even more to Charm, even though they have their times....lol. Anyway, my husband travels a couple of times a year and is usually gone about two weeks at a time. We have had a confusing year for the girls and have had to move twice this year before finally settling into our new home. Well, after we moved to this house and the first time her daddy came home from a trip around Christmas, Sheba started Hissing and growling at him whenever he was near her. At first we thought it might have been an unfamiliar scent, then we thought maybe she didn't like the way his shoes sounded on the hardwood floors....They made a squeaky sound, so he showered, put on his old cologne and took off his shoes, but whenever he would step into the hallway closest to her she would fluff up and start growling. Once he got within her sight she would hiss at him. He tried talking slow and soft and giving her time to adjust to his being home but nothing seemed to work. When he picked her up she would pee and poop all over everything. Well this really upset him as she was a gift to him and he was the one to bottle feed her and even wipe her bottom to get her to use the potty when we first got her, as she was soooo young she didn't even now how to do that on her own. This man slept with the little litter box by his side of the bed so he could hear her cry in the night if she were hungry or needed to potty and then would take her to the bathroom and wash her up after. She is truly Queen Kitty around here and her behavior has really upset us both. The other day Daddy sat alone our room and cried over her actions toward him. My problem is this. She has gotten consistently worse about this and he does tend to yell at her when she does the whole hissing/growling thing. We have even tried putting her in a room alone when she behaves like this. Kind of a time out thing. I put her in the room and he lets her out, thinking this would let her see that Daddy was saving her, but to NO avail. now every time he goes near her she hisses, growls and potties, both poop and pee wherever she is at. Sometimes she is ok, but only if she approaches him and wraps around his legs will she let him even touch her. This is killing him and making me not only miserable but sad at the same time.... Does anyone have any suggestion on what he can do to win her back over or why she may have turned on him like this. it is SO bad now he can't even walk across the room she is in without her throwing a fit and in return he and I have begun fighting and arguing about it, with me trying to make excuses for why she MIGHT be behaving in such a horrible matter. Plus I am getting tired of cleaning kitty poop from all over the house........Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
I was going to move this to behavior when I saw it was posted there as well and has a response, so I will lock this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.