Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cat-sitter,if the occassion arises! I did some checking-her rep is good.

She's dependable,a family person- 2 kids and a hubby- humorous,and best of all, she LOVES ROBIN!

All I have to do now is actually GO SOMEWHERE! :lol:

Seriously,what are some good points and red flags when hiring a cat sitter?

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
I have one now, too!!! My girls' groomer!! :grin: She has my key and detailed instructions. Nice to have someone in case of emergencies.

I would recommend asking people in your vet's office, many techs pet-sit on the side, and if they don't, they usually have very good people they can recommend.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I love my new cat sitter! I've only used her once, when I went away on business for a few days several months ago. Each time after she visited with the girls, she sent me an email telling me what they did, how they were doing, what games they played, etc. I really appreciated those emails. It was nice to hear of their escapades and I didn't have to worry about such things as, "Oh, I hope the sitter didn't forget to visit today" or "I hope the girls are doing ok". Receiving those emails really helped to ease my mind. And, in reading her emails, you could really tell that she enjoyed spending time with the girls.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I love my cat sitter! This will be our 3rd year we have used her. She used to have a cat hotel, but now does in-home visits. She's an avid cat lover and can give sub-cutaneous fluids in case of an emergency, etc. She also knows my Vet practice, which is where she takes her own cats. The last time she was with my kitties, she sent me daily pictures of them. It was really reassuring having her take care of them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Due to our living arrangement, we take the Fab Four to a friends place. He doesn't have any pets and he likes our cats so it works out well. We rarely go away together so he's only done it once. I was going to kennel them for the 10 days, but the kennels around here weren't exactly what I was looking for (downright scary).

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
we use a pet sitter service, they have provided the same sitter for the last few years but also insure a backup sitters just in case.. for years we had the best deal in the vet tech that worked for our vet(a good place to find a sitter) she needed the extra money as she was attending vet school.. this deal ended when she finished school,, (years later she did the greatest service when she made an evening house call to help one of our girls to the bridge)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
We use a professional pet sitting service. We have used the service twice. The person assigned to us is really good. She not only take care of the cat according to our instruction, play with them and groom them, and also she takes some minor chores like watering plants, bringing in mails, and opening windows for fresh air. The most interesting thing is, she writes a "diary" everyday about what my cats did, their mood, etc. It's really interesting to read :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts