Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to think of a way, where i would be able to donate to the local humane society, but without dipping into my own student/broke/shouldnt haev technically bought christmas pressents pockets to do so.

I have the greatest idea. I work at mcdonalds. Once a year, we have an event called McHappy day - where instead of only 10 cents - 1 dollar from every happy meal goes to the ronald mcdonald house charity. which is great.

BUT! I was thinking, how great could it be if i could talk to the right people, and be able to arrange a similar thing, where those dollars would instead go to local humane societies? Either only my resturant going to the Windsor humane society, or make it a province wide or even country wide thing?? It works well because people still get something from it - their food they were going to get anyway. and actually alot of people opt to donate extra on top of their food on those days. ITs really a wonderful spirit in the stores that day.

But i was just thinking how great would this be? While i do work at a mcdonalds, they just work there. the person i would have to talk to is alot higher up than them. mcdonalds.ca doesnt have an email (probably due to a large volume of complaints they could recieve).

Do you think they would actually read it/respond if I were to write them a letter suggesting such a thing?

have any of you ever tried anything like this before? What reactions did you get?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me, but I don't know how to go about it either, sorry. Sonce you work there I think they would listen to you more than the average joe if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure who you would talk to but I know that Subway by us does that. On I believe Mondays they give a dollar from every foot long during a couple hour window to local charities so why couldn't Mc Donalds do the same? Sounds like a great idea to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts