Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I haven't been as active here as I normally am, but that's been how my whole life has been going. I've been working three jobs to try and dig my way out of debt, three jobs that I really enjoy but it's still a ton of work!

I got some wonderful news yesterday that I wanted to share though :)

After 5 years of trying and having no luck I finally got a full time position in my field! I'm covering a maternity leave, so it's only for a year...but it's full time, has benefits, and is closer to home than the temp position I had been working. I'm sooooo excited!

Working in libraries is hard to really get into right now, not as bad as some others, like teaching, but it's still hard. No one is retiring so there's 50 people applying for every position. Man the job market is rough right now!

Anyways, I just wanted to share my great news :) YAY!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Congratulations! My class had a session with our reference librarian to help get them started on research for their final paper. They'd never heard of interlibrary loan and only 2 had ever used online databases of any kind, so they were pretty amazed at the resources that were available. The librarian also set up a special guide for this course accessible via the library home page.

I wish students would use the library more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts