Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 year old boy Romy has to go the vets tonight, he's been throwing up foam. I thought when it started (last night) he may have been trying to pass a hairball, but tonight, when I fed him, he wanted none of it. (he's normally a piggy) and when I handled him, he was growling. I had literally just picked Waffles up from the vets from neutering. When it rains, it pours. This is cat number 4 of 5 in the domino effect of illnesses. I guess I should look at it as 'only one to go' huh?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Awww, hugs for you and the kitties! Must be really stressful to have to deal with multiple issues in a short span. I sure hope Romy has nothing serious and is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was running a fever, about 103.7°. The vet suspects an intestinal infection OR pancreatitis. The blood work he took should give us a better idea of what's going on. I'll know tomorrow. In the meantime, he gave Romy an anti nausea injection, some sub-q fluids, and an antibiotic shot. He drank some tuna juice when he got home, and has been purring here and there while he rests. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Aw I'm prayign for your kitty. Max had a horrid intestinal infection and had to stay 2 nights at the pet hospital cause he had thrown up so much that he was way to dehydrated. Just make sure to entice him to drink a little water, put tuna juice in it. Also to entice max to eat I sprinkled a tiny bit of cheese on his food and he ate the top part.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Romy seems to be doing much better today. He's back to his usual self, and eating normally. He actually finished off the other cat's dinners that were left over last night. I'm willing to bet the anti nausea meds worked and the antibiotics are doing their thing. I guess I'll know the best course of action this evening when my vet gets the blood work back. Here's to being hopeful.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Romy seems to be doing much better today. He's back to his usual self, and eating normally. He actually finished off the other cat's dinners that were left over last night. I'm willing to bet the anti nausea meds worked and the antibiotics are doing their thing. I guess I'll know the best course of action this evening when my vet gets the blood work back. Here's to being hopeful.
It's good to hear Romy is doing a lot better, I hope he continues to improve.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vet called last night. She says his blood work came back with signs of an infection. Antibiotics it is. He's still got an appetite and is acting normally, so I want to assume that after this treatment, he'll be feeling 100%.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's good news! Must be a relief that it wasn't something major or really troublesome. Hope the antibiotics do their work quickly and he's feeling all better soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soon is going to have to wait until tomorrow. After talking to the vet last night, she forgot to put out a prescription to be filled at the office. She was in surgery all day, I got the call that it was ready to pick up at 5pm, unfortunately, I was at work and stuck there until almost quarter of 9, my vet closes at 7. I'll be getting my SO to pick it up tomorrow and I'll start administering when I get home from work tomorrow night. (There's no way he's going to be able to pill that beast by himself without loosing appendages.) Ugh, I LOVE my vet, and both vets who work there, and all their staff, but I swear the place is literally a zoo. I've never been in there even to purchase prescription food, for less than 30 minutes. It's always so busy, and there's so much lack of communication some days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts