Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I love it! I crocheted a blanket last winter and started an afghan, but now that it's summer I just can't bring myself to pick it up again. Maybe when the weather gets chilly. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ForJazz said:
I love it! I crocheted a blanket last winter and started an afghan, but now that it's summer I just can't bring myself to pick it up again. Maybe when the weather gets chilly. :)
Oh believe me when I say, I got very warm working on it. I am not sure if I will keep this or try to sell it. Not sure what it is worth.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hippyhart said:
On ebay, I saw prices ranging from $20 to $80 for homemade afghans.
I'd never let one of mine go for 20 bucks. I spend way more than that on the yarn itself, not to mention the time. Unless you buy the crappiest yarn possible and make a tiny afghan...that's a bad price for it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ForJazz said:
Hippyhart said:
On ebay, I saw prices ranging from $20 to $80 for homemade afghans.
I'd never let one of mine go for 20 bucks. I spend way more than that on the yarn itself, not to mention the time. Unless you buy the crappiest yarn possible and make a tiny afghan...that's a bad price for it.
I could not sell it for 20, the minimum I could acoounting for cost of yarn and labor would be 59 $. My yarn alone cost me 38.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
ForJazz said:
:lol: ForJazz, you have a way of saying things that cracks me up...right to the point :lol:

Zoeae, that is a beautiful afghan. I'm impressed! Sure wish I knew how to make something other than food! :lol:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BoscosMum said:
I would love one of those!
my next one is going to be a baby afgan I think, but I don't have any babies anymore. that I will be selling when it is done.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I am sure it would be beautiful...
only I was thinking of myself...hehehe!

I would love to have a beautiful soft earth tone colors
for our living room sofa...so everyone can fight
over who gets to curl up with it! :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BoscosMum said:
I am sure it would be beautiful...
only I was thinking of myself...hehehe!

I would love to have a beautiful soft earth tone colors
for our living room sofa...so everyone can fight
over who gets to curl up with it! :D
I actually have some yarn for something like that, it is a varigated yarn I am going to accent with blue. I am not sure the pattern I will be using for that one yet.

I will post each afgans photo when they are completed. Right now I am making a coaster set that matches the afgan I just finished.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts