Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a strange thing to post and I am surely not bragging about it. For those of you who didn't know I had my wisdom teeth pulled Thursday afternoon. Then yesterday I got my boyfriends cold (bad phlegmy cough, scratchy throat etc.) I had luckily requested today off from work too. Well since I have been cooped up inside since Thursday and I feel like a vampire I decided to go and do a little laundry at the laundry mat and pick up some cat food. On the way home I stopped at this soup joint because soup sounded good and all I have been eating was chicken noodle for the past week or so. So I decided to try the tomato torellini chicken. I am feeling a little loopy just from not moving much for the past few days and the place was really packed. So I ordered a small soup to go and the lady was like" that will be $4.50". She handed me a tiny little container of soup. IT was literaly a cup of soup. Get our your measuring cups. I ate it in like 8 bites. I wasn't feeling well enough to protest. I can't believe charging that much for second rate soup (IMO).

·
Registered
179 Posts
:( I'm sorry it wasn't even that good :(

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick on top of having your wisdom teeth pulled is NOT fun!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Kris, at those prices, I'll be making soup today! What time can you come over? :) Bring your checkbook! :wink:

I hope you feel better soon. You might want to ask the pharmicist about Musinex. It is Humibid, which is used to loosen bronchitis, pneumonia, etc., but it now available over the counter.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The Cat Whisperer said:
yeah I paid a lot at Quiznos recently too. I was like, I wanted the bowl not the cup and they said "this is the bowl." 8O
Eww, I can't do Quiznos. Ever since they had those commercials with the little floating rodent wormy singing things, thats all I can see when I even hear the name......ugh!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jeanie I actually picked up some of that for my boyfriend when he had gotten sick initially. Luckily there was some left so I am taking it now.

Thanks mdmenagerie for the kind words!

·
Registered
21 Posts
MikePageKY said:
The Cat Whisperer said:
yeah I paid a lot at Quiznos recently too. I was like, I wanted the bowl not the cup and they said "this is the bowl." 8O
Eww, I can't do Quiznos. Ever since they had those commercials with the little floating rodent wormy singing things, thats all I can see when I even hear the name......ugh!

Beileve it or not, those creatures were real dead mice with human eyes and mouths superimposed on them. I saw them in online animations years before they were in Quiznos ads, and wondered why a food chain would want animated dead rodents singing in their commercials.

·
Registered
86 Posts
dang, I hope it was at least decent soup. That price is outrageous!!

Speaking of soup, when I was in florida my BF and I went to a little restaurant on the coast that served mostly fish. I had a clam chowder there that was the BEST soup I've ever tasted. I'm not kidding - it was incredible. I'd pay 4.50 for that soup!

/tangent

·
Registered
777 Posts
MopsyCat said:
MikePageKY said:
The Cat Whisperer said:

Beileve it or not, those creatures were real dead mice with human eyes and mouths superimposed on them. I saw them in online animations years before they were in Quiznos ads, and wondered why a food chain would want animated dead rodents singing in their commercials.
The Spongemonkeys!!! I LOVE the Spongemonkeys!!! We love the Moooonnnnn!! I saw them a few years before their Quiznos debut so was quite excited! :D And I am pretty sure they are not dead mice with human eyes superimposed.

If you haven't seen the spongemonkeys, check this out..
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Hopefully it will make you smile manitu!! :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.... ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Cat Whisperer said:
MopsyCat said:
MikePageKY said:
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/[/url]

Hopefully it will make you smile manitu!! :D

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.... ;)[/quote:1dnt6ave]

I've seen them before and love them as wel. I read in quite a few places that that's what they are. What have you read that they are?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah those weird quiznos guys kinda creep me out. As far as fast food goes I don't mind it so much. I think they are better than subway anyways.

I wouldn't mind as much if the soup was really really good. But it was kinda nasty actually. I don't mind splurging on a Lake Champlain Chocolate bar which is around $2.50 because I know it's worth it.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
For the $4.50 soup it was supposed to come with honey cornbread muffin. The soup itself is average but the honey cornbread muffins had always been excellent. I bet she forgot to give you the muffin.

·
Registered
858 Posts
$4.50 for a stinkin cup of soup, what a gyp. Heck had I known you were in the mood for soup, I'd of run you up some of the stew I made on Saturday. I waited all day for Jeanie to send over a gound hog for the pot but we finally had to eat.
Fell better Kris.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts