Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is the second msg to post in this introduction page. I bliefly explained my situation with my cats in the 1st post. I have Ally (about 13-14 yrs old), Spock (11 yrs-old) and am trying to adopt Tora (about 2-3 yrs old). I just found that Ally needs her teeth clean and possible tooth or teeth extraction due to her gingavitas (sp?) and Spock has hyperthyroid and I am waiting for the further result for his heartworm test. I am just feeling so sad that our babies started having problems like this. Especially, Spock having hyperthyroid. I hate to put him on daily medication but I do not want to take a chance to let him have complication from untreated hyperthyroid. I am scared to have radioactive iodine shots, too. I just LOVE them from my heart so these things are just overwhelming to me. Tora that we are trying to adopt keeps having diarhea as well and I am just feeling so worried about all of my babies. I joined this forum if anyone can share some experiences or thoughts regarding the treatment of hyperthyroid. Thank you and I cannot wait for me to be able to join this forum and discuss with other kitty lovers!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi again! I don't know too much about hyperT, although we have a number of members here who are very knowledgeable and hopefully one will be along soon. As for Ally, it's not unusual for a cat of her age to need dental work. If she's otherwise in good health, she should be fine after her dental treatment. Tora's diarrhea is likely the result of the roundworms (that you mentioned in your other thread) and/or the stress of being in a new home, and it should clear up soon. I hope you get good news on the results of Spock's heartworm tests.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Susan:
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and caring message! I am very happy that I found this site and get to see all other cute kitty cats pictures! Muffs and Abby are VERY cute and beatiful. I am sure my daughter will LOVE them.

As for my baby, Spock, thank God, the add-on test for heartworm came back negative! The initial test came back positive and the vet needed to run the further test with the blood sample. He said that Spock was exposed to it probably through mosquitoes before and established antibody to it shwoing up as positive. But, since the further test showed negative, he does not carry heartworm. I am very happy for him. For his hyperthyroid, I am thinking about taking him to another vet to get second opnion and examined again with another perspective. I might try Resthyro, herbal natural drops to treat hyperthyroid instead of medicine, which has some scary side effects. I thank you for reading again and please send some hugs to Muffs and Abby! They are soooo precious!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts