Cat Forum banner

I know he's not a cat person but....

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  izzy's slave 
#1 ·
My husband has never had a cat. Caspian is his first. The other day I reminded him that he would need to clean the litter box each day while my daughter and I were away.
Him: What exactly do I do?
Me: Just scoop and dump.
Him: Do we have a scoop?

I'm beginning to worry about leaving the cat home alone with him for a few days.

#2 ·
Sundown,
OMG! I'm sorry, but I can't help but chuckle at this!
The first time my hubby had to scoop litter boxes, was when I was going for my annual training with the National Guard, many years ago.
He hadn't been around cats before either!
I showed him where everything was, and actually had him scoop a couple of times, before I left!
I ummm, also told him, if he didn't scoop at least once every day...the kitties might find something of his, to relieve themselves on ;):p
As far as I could tell, everyone survived just fine, while I was gone! :D
Sharon

#3 ·
lol Well if he's anything like the men in my family he is just concerned that he will have the right tools! My husband kept trying to upgrade our litter box with our last cat. They kept getting bigger and more automatic until he tired of fixing them. Now I do all the litter work- though to be fair he sometimes scrubs and washes all the boxes at the cat shelter so he does his share.

#10 ·
Thank you Lord I have a competent, willing husband. Somehow we got into the habit of me taking care of the foster room and upstairs and he scooping all the downstairs litter boxes. With up to 10 boxes to care for at any given time I need the help. I need to give him an extra kiss when he gets home!!

#14 ·
Plus 1, in my 3years of having ET, hubby never lifted a finger in cleaning the litter box, didn't even know what to do. Whenever he smell poo, "ET pooed, go clean up".

About the only thing he does for ET, gave him some kibbles to shut him up, lol. Now that ET is on weight loss, I have specifically told him not to feed him anything whenever ET cries or else I'll start nagging, lol.

If ever I am hospitalised/sick or even die before hubby and ET, I doubt I will ever feel comfortable leaving ET in hubby's care. His style is "feed whenever ET meows", "clean only when its filty (meaning litter box)." But he sure can't tolerate the smell of poo, can I expect him to even go anywhere near the poo? I really don't know if I can trust him. I think my neighbour, a non pet lover, does a better job than him, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.