Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm playing fetch with Rocky, and when i throw it in the kitchen he slips a little bit because he's just going gung ho! lol We have linoleum in the kitchen which is very slippery and he just slides in an effort to get the ball. He brings it back to me every time :) But, he just whips around that corner so fast, he slides. loll

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hahaha!! LOL! Kitty does that when he plays fetch with me and it's extremely funny!
To me, I don't really think it's that bad to be precise. But still, who can't just have a laugh or a giggle at them!?!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Jack and Ginger do this also. Its especially bad for Jack who can't really retract his claws very much and always seems to ice skate when rounding the corner fast... its still funny and they just keep doing it anyways.. in fact Jack seems to use the slide to his advantage in all out chases anymore

·
Registered
171 Posts
Both of my boys do this too as my last two apartments have been all hardwood. It's funny to see them compensate for it. Instead of sliding headfirst into a cabinet or the wall they'll actually drop to their tummies and do a belly slide the last foot or two to catch the toy or lazer dot (most of the time). They have more problems when they go to meet the cousins at my parents' house and have to deal with carpet everywhere and linoleum in the kitchen.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
videos are in order!!! I want to see this lol
i know, right! I should definitely take a video of this, so i can set the scene for you guys. lol My husband and i bought a whiffle ball, and put venison jerky treats in it, and he carries that in his mouth. lol the ball is seriously almost as big as his head. haha

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha!! LOL! Kitty does that when he plays fetch with me and it's extremely funny!
To me, I don't really think it's that bad to be precise. But still, who can't just have a laugh or a giggle at them!?!
I laugh all of the time at Rocky's silly antics. lol It's the joy of having a cat :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of my boys do this too as my last two apartments have been all hardwood. It's funny to see them compensate for it. Instead of sliding headfirst into a cabinet or the wall they'll actually drop to their tummies and do a belly slide the last foot or two to catch the toy or lazer dot (most of the time). They have more problems when they go to meet the cousins at my parents' house and have to deal with carpet everywhere and linoleum in the kitchen.
I wish Rocky would do a belly slide. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts