Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I'm so late telling you about this, but my computer froze up just as I was ready to hit "Submit." CMRH&R, a new member-or members, was very rude to Adavis in the thread about a pregnant cat /in heat. I have read her other posts. I'm sure she has great credentials, but I don't think she read the rules. I have received very pleasant PMs from Adavis and Ianthe, apologizing for their part. But they were not on the attack as CMRH&R was. I have not written to her/him.

I hope this meets your approval.

p.s. The thread is in Cat Chat.

·
Registered
453 Posts
She also posted here. She posted with the same scolding type routine, advocating abortion for pregnant cats, and claiming people shouldn't own a cat if they don't spay or neutor it.

Her posts look like deliberate efforts to invoke argument. This is her first day posting, which makes me wonder as to whether she's a troll or has simply not been blessed with a normal dose of courtesy or common sense.

·
Registered
656 Posts
She does seem to be trying to cause arguments. I understand she is trying to prevent unwanted pregnacies and kittens through sharing her beliefs, however she can most certainly do it in a much nicer way!

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After having read the thread which James pointed out, I sent the member (or members) this PM:

I would like to bring your attention once more to our rule against flaming. It is simply not allowed. Your posts are now being brought to the attention of the webmaster, who has the option of suspending your membership or banning you from the site.

If you have knowlege and experience to share, it will be appreciated. However, it is necessary to treat all members with courtesy in order to remain a member of this forum. Any future posts which are insulting to other members will be put under review. Please take a few minutes to read the rules. Thank you.

The last thread to which she posted originated in March, (the one James referred to) so I have an idea that this group or person will seek out posts about pregnancy so that she can flame. I think it would be wise if all of us checked her profile and looked at her most recent posts as we come online. I agree; this seems to be a deliberate attempt to cause trouble. Although we cannot move only one post to review, we can copy the post, bring it here, then delete all except one or two words, just so that we can restore it if catman disagrees. Do we agree on this? (We can use James' link to get to her profile. I find that easier than search.) Isn't this a pain?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sounds good to me, Jeanie.

But actually, I was writing specifically about Wolfie's "shut your yap" response (how do you link straight to a specific response?). Just like you said above, he said exactly what I was thinking but in a rude manner.

Edited to add: Actually it looks as though you didn't say that...I wonder where I got that from...

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Shut your yap" could easily be found on search. I replied and so did Julie back in March. The post I found was in Cat Chat. The "shut your yap" thread is the one James told us about. Actually, we should edit out that sentence, even though we agree! Why don't you take care of than, Annissa. Otherwise, we're not being fair.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "edited to add."

You all know that the first sentence of every post we make is available from our profiles, right? Is that what you meant, Annissa?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Nope. I think writing has created a misunderstanding. :)

I know that James linked that thread already, but he did so before Wolfie's post. I just wanted to bring that thread to everyone's attention because the problem has escalated since James linked it.

When I originally posted my last reply on this thread I thought you had said something at the beginning of this thread that upon further examination you had not said. So I edited my post to reflect that you hadn't in fact said it. I put "Edited to add" just in case you had already read my post. That's what people do on another board I frequent so it's just habit for me when I edit a post to do that. I don't like removing something I've already posted.

As for doing a search or going through a person's profiles to link a specific reply...well, that didn't occur to me. It seems obvious now, though. :oops:

Wolfie has already edited his reply to "say nothing" without any help from me so I think I'll just leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I PMed Wolfie and told him it was the only way we could prevent this group or person from crying foul. Since I was there anyway, I edited it. Thanks, 'Niss.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Was anyone else a little confused by CMRH&R's post in Say Meow? It was signed Jen, but it read like an entire cat foundation was joining the forum.
She sounds quite knowledgable, but her attack in the post Jeanie closed was uncalled for. I hate to think every post about a pregnant cat or new kittens is going to be met with that type of an attitude. :?

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
She has good intentions at heart, but a baaaaaad way of going across this. Her method seems to be to make people feel guilty, which im sure many do anyway!

I'm not sure if its a troll or not- maybe someone with exceedingly strong feelings, who doesnt know the forums rules- hopefully she can adapt to them in her posting methods.

I did find her "Shame on you" somewhat harsh indeed..

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lori, I got the impression that it was a foundation also. However, even if they were a prestigious group, that would not excuse them from showing courtesy to the members. ( I'm not telling you anything you don't already know!)

I doubt they will be back. I think they (she?) were here to teach us poor dolts a thing or two about cats, and discovered that we are intelligent human beings. Of course we want to learn, but many of our members are volunteers at shelters or work in veterinary hospitals. We all have a lot to learn, but I don't want to pay CMRH&R's price. My knees begin to hurt when I spend too much time on them ! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts