Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my kitty of 9 months outside and she never came back! It's been 2 days, and her sissy misses her! How do I get her back? I don't think she is coming back. And she is not an outdoor cat either:(

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Please follow these step by step directions. This link will make sure you are covering all the bases.

http://www.petrecovery.com/documents/ba ... issing.htm

The best time to call her is late at night when all is quiet. Put some very smelly cat food in a dish near the house, and also put out some of your sweaty clothes. Their sense of smell is excellent, as you know. Sit on the porch after midnight and call her. If she's near the house, she'll most likely come to you.

I wish you the very best luck in finding her. Your heart must be pounding in fear. God bless.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. All I can say is that quite often they turn back up --eventually.

Most cats do not wonder that far, so likely your cat is somewhere within the area. Right now the cat is probably somewhat afraid of its new territory, and lurking and hiding about. Night is probably the time it will be least afraid and move about, but also it is the time that it is hardest to see the cat. You can try going out late at night and listen if you hear the cat whining, sometimes they do.

Also, you can try putting flyers on neighbor’s doors. Eventually the cat should get hungry enough to approach humans. And there is always putting food out at night, unfortunately, you will likely pick up a few strays.

Hope this helps…good luck!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks I'm gonna post posters today, I think one of the neighbors took her in though. If they did then I'd be a little more at ease... But I still want her back, and so does her sister....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts