Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a remarkable cat day. The internet is great because I like to share my cat experiences and none of my bros care at all.

I brought little Al to the vet today to get spayed. I have to say that I felt really sad that my poor baby was going to get cut up. He's taking it well and already resumed his normal crying patterns and hopping on my lap whenever I try and do something important on my computer. Yay for AL!

I bought some new toys for Al because I felt so bad. So I'm playing with Al and all of a sudden big fat momma Esta comes waddling out and starts playing too! This is a big deal for a cat that's still very shy and non-social. It's been a long process to even get her to like petting. We're resocializing her very well and she's starting to come around. She even meowed at me today for whatever unknown reason.

I wanted to add that you can really tell that Esta has been outside for a while. Al plays with his toys, Esta goes for the kill. She acts like a hunter and uses her full force with claws outstretched when she's playing. Is that a bad thing?

Yay my kitties! :D

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I'm sorry to nit-pick -- I'm really anal about some things. If your kitty is a boy then he got neutered, not spayed. :oops: And I love days when your kitties just make you so happy that the whole world looks right. I'm so glad to hear that Esta is coming around. Congratulations! You must be doing a good job.

ps - I love the name Esta. It reminds me of a book I just read called "The God of All Small Things" by Arundhati Roy -- except it was the boy in that story who's name was shortened to Estha. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops...

that's ok, I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about

Imagine the problems I could of had if the doctor tried to spayed him!

Aleric is purring on my lap right now and he agrees. It would of been a terrbile thing to get him spayed. ;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
-----------
Funny! Terrible indeed.

Awww, that is very cool, thanks for sharing!! Great to hear Al's recovering nicely, and Esta coming out of her shell a bit. Yay Esta!

I think it's fine she's using all her nails on the toys. I've had all mine since kittenhood, and 2 uses nails like they're maiming the heck out of the toys. If they're playing with each other and dig too hard, the other will scream and end the play. I do clip my cats' nails though, so they're blunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts