Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are a commitment. They always manage to get sick at this time of year when one of my co-workers is out on Spring Break with his kids and our annual DR test is approaching.

Fay has something going on with her skin and eyes and I have to Emergency Vet her because I can't get time off from work to visit my regular vet during the day. ;)

If I didn't have the fur kids I'd stop working for the worst employer in the world and go back to a travelling 2 weeks a month job.

Off to the E-Vet. The first one I called said they couldn't do a non- emergency because they don't have any of 'those antibiotics'. These other people better have them, my regular vet doesn't like these people at all.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fay is VERY alergic and has a lot of scabs. She had an antibiotic, steroids and is chowing down on treats. Only $187. If she feels better it's well worth it. He said she's probably even alergic to pollen and that's why her eyes were a bit runny.

The things I do for these fur balls. It's a good thing I don't have a therapist 'cause they'd call it an addiction when it impacts my life this way.

Two is definitely all I can handle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
:patbacktee hee, Homer's eyes always are runny this time of year.
I just make sure I keep them clean and it stops in a couple weeks usually.
I love spring, but neither Homer nor I get to fully enjoy it ......wonder how he'd like the Neti Pot?

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Aww, poor Fay. Gracie is allergic like that to a flea bite. He will break out in scabs, and even loose weight. He winds up with an steroid shot at least once a year, even with flea meds (I am sure it is from the dogs carrying in fleas).

Do you knwo if they could get allergy meds? I know that dogs can use like Benadryl, or even longer acting ones ( can't think of the names right now).

I hope that she feels better soon.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
You're right, Dave, they do require a commitment and maybe even sacrifices. On the other hand, can you think of a better thing to have a commitment to?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:patbacktee hee, Homer's eyes always are runny this time of year.
I just make sure I keep them clean and it stops in a couple weeks usually.
I love spring, but neither Homer nor I get to fully enjoy it ......wonder how he'd like the Neti Pot?
I had no idea a kitty could be laergic to pollen!!! but she is.

You shouldn't have said Neti Pot. Flashback, I used to have a co-worker who used a Neti Pot at her desk. This is not something someone should do in what's basically a public area.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww, poor Fay. Gracie is allergic like that to a flea bite. He will break out in scabs, and even loose weight. He winds up with an steroid shot at least once a year, even with flea meds (I am sure it is from the dogs carrying in fleas).

Do you knwo if they could get allergy meds? I know that dogs can use like Benadryl, or even longer acting ones ( can't think of the names right now).

I hope that she feels better soon.
I normally flea med her every 3 weeks rather than 4 because she's so sensetive to flea bites. I'd let it slip to 4 weeks because there was kitty drama getting the meds on her sister kitty. Never again, the vet spread her fur and she's full of scabs. Poor wittle kitty is suffering for my negligence.

When I first adopted her she was 7 lbs and a mess. The first week I had her the vet gave me an antihistimine to give her on top of antibiotics so I guess they can have alergy meds.

I think she's on the mend. There was less biting at herself this morning.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right, Dave, they do require a commitment and maybe even sacrifices. On the other hand, can you think of a better thing to have a commitment to?
Absolutely not. They are furry little balls of perfection.

Skin kids can fend for themselves but we're responsible for the kitties.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Absolutely not. They are furry little balls of perfection.

Skin kids can fend for themselves but we're responsible for the kitties.
Absolutely. I shouldn't admit this, but I'm never as sympathetic to human problems as I am to animals'. Humans can talk, share a language, express themselves, and ultimately help themselves; animals can't. I love your "furry little balls of perfection"!!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Awww, poor little Fay, I do hope she feels better. I can completely relate to what you are going through though, but the only thing I would change if I had to go through this again, is what my kitties have had to go through with being so uncomfortable. That's the worst part for me.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hope she feels better soon! I know this would turn me into a nervous wreck if it happened to me.

But I agree too. I also feel humans can at least talk or write to make their thoughts known. Animals cannot talk our language. Imagine being in a foreign country with no means of communication such as a phone or a translator.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the other hand it much easier to pill a kid.

I snuck her first pill into her this morning. 6 more days to go at 1 a day

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ours get allergies this time of year too! Glad yours are doing better, sounds like they have you wrapped around their little paws!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fat is feeling much better :) The little bald spot on her head isn't inflamed and she just trotted over with a little spring in her step to give me a head but.

My regular vet, The Best Cat Vet in The World, called for a follow-up because the E-Vet faxed her in the info.

All should be well in the kitty world until tomorrow when I have to pill Fay and then lock them both in the bedroom while I have workers in to do ceiling repairs.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
You're going to be feeling much worse when she finds out you called her "Fat"...prepare to grovel...:lol:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh boy. Freudian slip or what. Really, she's just 'plump'

Only 1 more pill to stuff into her. Then we can be buddies again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts