Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was making a pancake in the kitchen I opened the cupboard then turned to get a spatula from the opposite counter, I turn back to the cupboard AND... Evie and Mitzi had climbed right in! Causing lots of mischief together and would not come out! So what do I do? Grab the camera of course! I just couldn't be mad at them, especially as it's the first time they've done something together, they are playing together after 3 weeks! :)

Here we are...

Off Mitzi goes, following Evie...

Oh, hi there Evie!

Evie comes out, Mitzi refuses!

Mitzi explores a little more...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh yes. Cupboards are like an alternative universe to cats. They love them. I think my cat would sleep in my kitchen cupboards if they weren't so full of stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haha cute!! I opened my draw were I keep my forks, spoons ect not long ago and who do I find squished in there with them???? ..... Some naughty little girl! Lol it did make me chuckle and she didn't even want to get out I had to get her out!! Lol

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Cute pictures! It's so nice to see your girls getting along so well after such a short time.

My girls LOVE exploring in cupboards. I make sure one or two cupboard in every room has things that can't hurt the girls, so I can let them explore. It keeps them occupied for a good 10 or 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Haha, cute pics! My girls love cupboards too, and actually ask for the pantry door opened so they can hop inside for a quick explore. :crazy

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have to leave a kitchen cabinet door open at night (and the whole corner made into a cat bed), because Theo likes to sleep there. She can never get the door open herself, but she can bang it forever trying to. So I gave up and made her a bed with the door open.

Robbie, my "guard cat", can open the cabinet doors. Whenever anyone pulls into the driveway or knocks at the door -- or when the demon garbage truck goes by -- Robbie runs through the house growling and opens the door, lets it slam behind him, and stays in hiding until all is calm. When I have a guest, Robbie stays in his hideaway until the coast is clear. Such a brave boy!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Those pictures look very familiar!

How is it I can't make one more thing fit in my cupboards, yet Cali can open up the doors (even though they're baby-proofed) and have an adventure inside them?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You are a cat owner after my own heart! Can't tell you how many times I see my cats doing something naughty and take pictures before doing anything about it! They look like they had a good time!
I'm the same way. A few weeks back, I was folding laundry and Muffs jumped into the open dryer on top of the clothes that remained in there. My first instinct was to run and get the camera...although by the time I returned, she had jumped out. I figure as long as they're not able to hurt themselves, what's the harm if they explore in cupboards (or dryers). Of course, I now double check for cats before turning on my dryer!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the stories!

Oh yes, you have to let them have their adventures- so long as they're safe, where's the harm?! By exploring Mitzi discovered that she doesn't want to drink lemon juice from the cupboard afterall!

They certainly enjoyed themselves. Evie spent the next ten minutes patting the cat food cupboard once she worked out she could climb right in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts