Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited... I have been looking for some time now and I think this may be the one.
Here is the info on it...
$850 Large Studio with full kitchen (map)

Please note: studios are for one person only.

The rent for this apartment includes all of the basic utilities - heat, hot water and electricity. If you are looking for a quiet private place (this is in a small (6 unit) building at the end of a dead end street) this may interest you. As far as space goes, there is one large room divided into two areas, the living space and the kitchen. The living space measures 11’ x 13’, has carpet and an air conditioner. The kitchen area measures 11’ x 8’, has a linoleum floor, and comes with a refrigerator and an electric stove. There is a full bath (a tub with a shower). As far as public transportation goes, it would be a long walk to the Quincy Center T; however, it is about a five-minute walk to a bus stop (bus route # 225) on nearest main road (Quincy Avenue). The building itself has security locks on the doors, an intercom system, coin operated washers and dryers downstairs and a parking lot for off street parking. We do not allow dogs (sorry) but most other pets are acceptable.

Our monetary requirements to move in are 2-1/2 months rent total (first month's rent, last month's rent, and a half-month's rent for the security deposit) and we do leases on all of our apartments. The way we get the deposits is when you do the application you leave one month's rent as a deposit (which becomes the last month's rent deposit upon acceptance of the application), when you sign the lease you leave the first month's rent, and the day you pick up the keys you give the security deposit.
What do you think about the size? I just want enough room to have people over on like a Friday night. I'll try and send pictures when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
I work at home and the room I use for my office is 11' x 13'. Depending on the configuration you could probably put a small couch or love seat and a couple small chairs and a small TV/stereo center. 4-5 people max.

Hey, small world...I was on the Braintree section of Quincy Ave on Saturday :lol:.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
I just looked it up and saw the pictures. Cute! Kitchen is nicer than mine, and I don't even have a bathtub, just a shower!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Wow, $850 for a studio 8O ? Around my neck of the woods you'd get at least a 2 bedroom in a fairly new complex.

Yeah, I know......location.location.location, but STILL!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, $850 for a studio ? Around my neck of the woods you'd get at least a 2 bedroom in a fairly new complex.

Ya I know... I was thinking to moving to PA, I could get a 1br apartment there for 600 with all utilities. But all my friends are her in MA and I can't leave that.

Hey, small world...I was on the Braintree section of Quincy Ave on Saturday
It really is a small world :)

Here is the link to the pictures...
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/abo/778607512.html

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
pookie769 said:
Wow, $850 for a studio 8O ? Around my neck of the woods you'd get at least a 2 bedroom in a fairly new complex.

The area she's looking in is 15-20 minutes outside of Boston. I'm an hour out of Boston and I just did a quick search...studios in this area are going for $625-800. New England is very expensive....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:( apartment is not going to work out for me. I found out the apartment is on the 1st floor. I do not feel very safe living by myself being on the first floor specially in that area. O well I guess, I'll just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Good luck to you. Studios range from $650 (dump) - $800 (decent) in Burlington. It is hard to find a studio though that will allow pets.

I really like my neighborhood and feel comfortable for the most part but it is in the older and rougher end of town. This is the first time I have lived on the bottom floor and I do admit feeling a little more vulnerable as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
When living in apartments and even a lovely duplex (for 11 years!), I've always chosen to live upstairs. There's something about hearing every footstep above me that just drives me bonkers. And I also felt safer upstairs. Plus, I felt the bugs and crawly things had farther to go to get to me. 8O

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
But when they DO get there, they're more determined to get YOU :lol:

Sorry to hear it's not suitable for you Regina, hope you find a better place.

·
Registered
878 Posts
manitu22 said:
Good luck to you. Studios range from $650 (dump) - $800 (decent) in Burlington. It is hard to find a studio though that will allow pets.

I really like my neighborhood and feel comfortable for the most part but it is in the older and rougher end of town. This is the first time I have lived on the bottom floor and I do admit feeling a little more vulnerable as well.
I had a 1 bedroom apartment in Stoneham for only $800...and it wasn't even a dump (though it wasn't spectacular). I mean, we pay SIGNIFICANTLY more for our 2 bedroom in Woburn, but it has a pool, weight room, assigned parking, etc etc. But that place looked pretty small for $850...

This post has been edited by the Department of Redundancy Department

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Awe bummer, sorry it didn't work out for you. I remember when I rented, I always tried to find upper units as well. Good luck in the search!

·
Registered
243 Posts
pookie769 said:

You could buy a big chunk of Oklahoma for $850 :)

Mick.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Smirkitty - I am not sure what part of my post you were commenting to but I wonder if there might have been confusion about "Burlington". I actually live in Burlington, VT. Not Burlington, MA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts