Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday Atlas went in for his neuter/checkup and when I picked him up in the afternoon I asked about his Mom (the only parent they "knew" at the shelter) who had been fostered with him while he was growing (he never nursed, had to be fed with subcutaneous fluids, and his siblings both died from failure to thrive :( ). Imagine my surprise when they said "well, would you like to meet her?"

Sarabi looks NOTHING like Atlas. She's a golden-brown tabby with a big white patch on her chest and brown eyes! It was so funny to see her, apparently all her kittens had very unusual markings, even more so than Atlas, and now I really wonder what their Dad looked like!

All in all he came through the surgery really nicely. He's been very different behaviorally since he came home--almost like his testosterone has increased instead of decreased, he's face-marking things all the time now and I think he tried to mount Wicket today and bite the back of his neck. He's been much more affectionate with his people than he was as well. Not sure if it's just growing up or that he felt out of sorts to be gone....?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Maybe he's just extremely glad to be home :)

It's so interesting meeting their moms isn't it? Magneto's mommy was all white with blue eyes- imagine that! She was feral and was PTS at the humane society :-( Chica and Cindy are half sisters with the same mom- a long hair seal point!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts