Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my mom decided kitty needed both cheese and milk. Kitty's tummy did not agree with that.
At least I escaped mostly unscathed. Got a nice claw mark across my hand though.

She won't even look at me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i used to bathe mine at least once a month for the first year but only three times in the past 6 months. i get the same reaction of not looking at me and if they do, a real dirty look. no claw marks or scratches though, the girls understand that i am the alpha male in the house and they will not get hurt in the process

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh wow! I've never bathed a cat other than kitten bums kind of thing. Orion fell in the tub once and that was the only bath he's ever had - it lasted until he clawed his way out and he's just as curious but a little more careful now. That was supposed to be a relaxing, hot soak after a long day - glass of wine and a book... and then company!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hopefully your mom has learned her lesson!

Side note: Small bites of cheese occasionally will probaly not cause this, and you can give an occasional small amount (like 1 Tbsp or less) of lactose free milk safely. ;)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
She said why, the cat had a very upset stomach.

TBH I think if the cat had THAT sick of a tummy they SHOULD be bathed. Yeah, cats can groom themselves but (sorry, no way to avoid being a bit graphic) I don't think that means they should be forced to lick off explosive diarrhea!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Why would you bathe a cat in the first place?
When cats have digestive issues, sometimes baths are needed. Especially when the alternative is a poopy-bummed cat scooting across your living room carpet to clean herself (don't ask how I know :shock:)

Librarychick, one of my cats used to have frequent bathroom issues and it got to the point where she hardly whined when I rinsed her butt and tail in the bathroom sink- I think she realized that me cleaning her meant she didn't have to take care of the mess herself!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you bathe a cat in the first place?
Kitty got very bad diarrhea. She's fine once again though thankfully. It was nasty. And she was furious. And I'm a horrible pet owner for thinking she looked funny with her fur all flat against her when she was in the bathtub. xD I went ahead and scrubbed up the rest of her, since she needed her whole bum and back legs washed off, I figured "well, I've got her in here, might was well go ahead and scrub up the rest"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts