Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, no one panic. Scooter's fine.

But he got neutered this morning, and he has to stay overnight. I can't stand him not being here! I'm used to him following me around, purring, and sitting with me at the computer desk while I play online...

And I'm going to miss him soo bad tonight when he's not there to cuddle up to me and purr.

MOST of all, I am SO sad because he has to spend 24 hours in a CAGE. Argh! I'm almost in tears, thinking of him wondering if he's been abadonned because no one loves him any more, and pawing through the bars... :cry:

The 4 other cats have been fixed and had to stay overnight at the vet, but it didn't pain me this much because they aren't cuddly and sensitive like Scooter Pie. He's so physically affectionate, he's going to hate being isolated from people like that.

We did this on a Thursday because I don't work Friday through Sunday, so I get to be there first thing tomorrow morning to bring him home, then no one will be able to pry me off of him except for a brief visit to the voting booth this Saturday... Oh yeah, and also Thursday so that someone else had to take him in and be the bad guy. Plus I would've broken down crying if I had to hand him away to someone. I'm pathetic that way :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
My prayers are with you and Scooter, Amber... I know it's hard, but at least it's only for a few hours....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Amber, I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I got my Russian Blue spayed. I got used to her come and purr "Good night" so much, that I couldn't sleep the night she was in the hospital.

Next morning I brought her home, and she felt OK.

I was worried more than my Alice. She started jumping all over the place next day after the operation :D :D :D

Good luck to you and Scooter!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Awww, Amber. I remember when Sabby got neutered. I missed him so much that I called the vet and was upset when they wouldn't put him on the phone for me. :lol:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Da Boot is home!!!

He was pretty shaky in the carrier on the way home, and normally when he comes home he runs under a counch and sleep for a few hours, but this time we distracted him immediately with food and other cats (Blue, our Siamese, ran around behind him licking his wounds, which looked rather obscene, lol). So he ate a lot, drank a lot, played a little, then hopped up to take a nap next to me, with my hand as his pillow :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts