Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't start threads like this, but tomorrow I have two job interviews. I need one of them to offer me a position. Both of them are in two different fields... and the second interview is a totally different field than my degree. Cross your fingers. :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey Padunk, good luck! (I know - I feel silly about starting threads like this too, hehehe.) You can have almost all of my luck tomorrow - I still need some of it so that I don't walk into walls or bump into tables and such.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Good luck Padunk. *Fingers Crossed* Let us know. Out of curiosity, what are the jobs for? Either way, I hope you get one of them. I'm sure you'll do great. :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Good Luck and fingers crossed :)

(To highjack just an incy bit I need some luck tomorrow too - I have an exam to sit in the afternoon which I really need to pass so that I can bid for a new company contract!!)

Relax, be yourself and remember that a good interview is a two way street - the position has to be right for you too :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. :)

One job is as a recruiter for a pretty good-sized company. The second is as a testing lab technician for a pretty big chemical company.

Both should pay pretty competitively (not sure what each salary is) but I'd be happy to land either one. I'm buying a house really soon, so I need to be making an adequate amount of money or I'll have to back out of the deal.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Wishing you good luck Rob, but please don't go in to the interview with that "I need this job" attitude -- usually that makes an interviewee too uptight and they don't come off naturally. Just relax; be yourself and do your best!! 8)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Luck!!!

I agree with Tim though - I get annoyed when I interview people that are too eager - it usually means they are hiding something... or too desperate for a job - which makes you wonder 'why aren't they staying at their current job, will they use me as a stepping stone etc'

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shengmei said:
Which job do you want more?
Not sure, it all depends on the salary, benefits package, and how advancement through the company works. All things being equal, I think I'd prefer working for the recruiter because at least it's stuff that I'm somewhat familiar with. I don't know a thing about adhesives, which is what I'll be working with if I get in with the chemical company. Both jobs sound like they'd be a nice fit, though.

shengmei said:
Good luck for finding the perfect job!!!
My perfect job is to be a stay-at-home dad with no kids. :mrgreen:

I'd live to thank everyone again for the well wishing. I'll let you know how they went tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
shengmei said:
What is a stay-at-home dad with no kids?

That seems to be an oxymoron :lol:
Ok so what I really mean is that it'd be awesome for Jessica to make the big bucks while I go play golf everyday. :lol: That's the dreamjob. :wink:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an update for everyone: The first interview went great. I was immediately given a second interview right on the spot and they made it sound like they were going to contact me to bring me in for the final step of the hiring process. :)

I still have the next interview at 1pm... and I'm not going easy because the first one went so well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts