Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is up with Kitty lately. She is being so weird! On Saturday I watched her play with one of her toys...rolling around, ears alerts, playing with it. Later the same day I found her on top of the cabinets in the kitchen, the last time she went up there was almost a year ago, she went up to get away from Thomas. Then off and on all day Sunday, she would retreat to the top of the cabinets again. A good sign was when I come in the kitchen and talk to her, she comes down so that I can pet her. Sunday night I'm sitting on the couch watching TV when all of a sudden there is this very loud meow in my ear...I turn my head and Kitty is like 5 inches from me staring at me. I figured she wanted to be petted...so I pet her, but then she made a disgruntled sound and left. She had enough food and water, so I don't know what she wanted.

I plugged in the feliway diffuser on Saturday, so I don't know if that is causing this odd behavior or what...but I wish I knew what was going on.

I definately need a cat-english dictionary.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Could she want you to check something out that spooked her?

I know that when I take a shower both cats come in to my hubby all distressed and wanting him to make sure I'm fine (they don't like water, as you might have guessed).

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just so odd. I know most of her behaviors and meows, but lately she's sending me all sorts of signals.

On top of cabinets = trying to get away/scared
In closet = really scared
Under bed = hiding/upset/somewhat scared
On her bed = okay
On the floor streached out = comfy/pet me
On the cat tree = Stay away from me Thomas!
Meow = Hi/Pet me/Brush me/Feed me (depending on the tone and body language)
Hiss/Spit/Growl = GO AWAY THOMAS!
Howl/Cry = I want to go home/Where are you taking me?
Playing with Toys = Happy

So why would she in one day be alternately on top of the cabinets and playing with toys? And a meow in my face always means pet me/brush me/feed me...but it didn't this time. She's never meowed at me when she was scared before...not like that, so I don't think that that was it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
When you get the dictionary, will you look up the definition of "MEH" and get back to me. Angel has a whole vocabulary of her own, but when I repeat her "meh" sound, she goes nuts. That one means something and I have no idea of what.

What's that? Huh? Oh, Angel says to tell you all, "Rrrrrr" and "Uhn". :wink:

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Well, it's a shame your cats don't speak English as mine do..... :wink: Well, Precious uses body language, and she's very effective with it--the paw on my lap most definitely tells me to check everything that might not be satisfactory. So, I check the food, water, pet her, etc. If that's not it, she is not happy with the condition of the litter box.

My Littermaid is dying a horrible death, groaning and moaning, and I found them on sale while snooping aroung ebay for the first time. So, we've had to scoop with a scooper lately. (I can't complain. It worked for five years.) I can't wait for it to get here. $69.95 plus shipping. It's $159 for the mega box elsewhere. Now, if a little tuxedo cat or a little black cat comes to the door all I have to worry about is introducing it to my sweet and very jealous Siamese cats! I had to tell you all that because I'm so glad! I couldn't afford the regular price.

Back on topic, Blueberry says "Ma" and "hmm?" You know, he just might be multi-lingual because I think "hmmm" is used in many languages. :)
The top of the refrigerator thing...Years ago, I gave Blacky (Blacky number 3) catnip, and it didn't seem to effect him at all. Well, that's what I thought until I saw him perched on top of the refrigerator. He was rather high for him.. both meanings of the word.

I do hope everything is all right. Sometimes cats change their habits. Precious taught me to play fetch. It was her idea and her favorite game. Lately, if I throw her mousie, she just looks at me, as if to say, "You'd better pick that up. It's not my mess." :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts