Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. here is the deal, I have been substituting in all of the county schools like for several years now, My husband is a Custodian in one of the schools there already , I have for the past several years substituted sometimes on a long term basis like when someone was out of work due to something like a 5 month, 6 week,12 week illness etc. not to mention sometimes just for a few days here or there.
Yesterday I recieved a call from Sam, who is director over maintenance and ask that I come into his office this morning concering a job that may be vacant soon, I went in and it seems that they are trying to create a job that would be something like a floater ( Going from school to school ) As I have already been doing but that will be FULL TIME, which means good pay, benefits, retirement and all ! Nothing is difiante ! But he says that our Superintendant and hiself has been discussing it for some time now and that he
( Our Superintendant) is pretty receptive to it ! He ask if I would be interested in the position ? Of course I would be This is what I have been working these **** jobs for......I can't help but get excited but I do have to keep in mind that nothiing has been written in stone YET ! That is where your prayers and good thoughts come in at ! PLEASE ! He told me that he had gotten several excellent references on me and that he hiself had seen my work at one of the schools ( The one I worked at for 5 months when one of the custodians got cancer and passed away )
This job would mean a big life change for the better for us ...It is a really good income for this area !!! Not to mention, going from school to school is my kind of job, If I make someone mad I can move on to the next building :D I myself love the going from place to place, I get board easy ! , you don't have to get close to anyone if you don't want to and you meet tons of people as well ! But anyway Please say a lil prayer for me on this one ! I sure would appreciate it !

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
So are you substituting for the maintenance people or are you a substitue teacher? Either way, I hope you get the job of your dreams :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you.
:D

I'll make sure to say a special prayer for you tonight to wish you luck.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Good luck!! I am at a similar crossroads where I am on the brink of getting the job I have wanted. Hang in there and be optimistic!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts