Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I are leaving for vacation on June 28th (Monday) and we won't be home until July 5th. My dad is leaving June 30th and won't be back until the same day we will be, so basically, I have to one to watch Angel and CJ. I need to make sure that the house is safe enough for CJ (the kitten) to be in for about 8 days unsupervised. I need helping making a list of things to do, like putting away cords and anything small that he can swallow, and making sure they have plenty of food and water. If any of you can think of things I need to do to kitten-proof my house I'd appreciate it!

Melissa, Angel, & CJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good news...CJ and Angel will have someone to check on them each day I'm gone. My dad isn't leaving until June 1, early that morning, so he said he'll take care of them until then. I called my brother and he's going to check in on them once a day, starting on June 2nd until my fiance and I get back. But I could still use some advice as to what as I need to kitten-proof in the house.

Thanks again,
Melissa, Angel, & CJ

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My kittens always liked to get into the cupboards in the kitchen. I never knew anything about cats or kittens before I got my first one. She ended up getting into the cupboard and climbing in through the back of the drawer. I came home from work and she was stuck in the drawer....just meowing away :(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My cats open the dresser drawer. I had a kitten get stuck in it when another cat pushed it back closed! Be sure to put all food up, sercurely close ALL doors(such as cabnets, dresser, closets, etc), and block off all wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts