Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aww, maybe they're starting to like one another?
Not a chance!! Jack and his 23 pound behemoth-ness likes to pounce on her and scare the pee right out of her! She is only 5 pounds and can't see very well due to the corneal sequestrum surgeries and hates him with a passion!! I try to rescue her when I hear her hiss but sometimes he takes us by surprise. He is not mean he just want to play with any moving target!! He is like a kid in an old folks home.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not a chance!! Jack and his 23 pound behemoth-ness likes to pounce on her and scare the pee right out of her! She is only 5 pounds and can't see very well due to the corneal sequestrum surgeries and hates him with a passion!! I try to rescue her when I hear her hiss but sometimes he takes us by surprise. He is not mean he just want to play with any moving target!! He is like a kid in an old folks home.
I was going to ask about their respective weights, because holy cow! What a contrast! I can understand her intimidation, lol!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Aww, poor girl! My fat boy Scout used to beat up on his brother (he's a good 8 pounds heavier) all of the time, so I got him a bell to wear around his neck, so Jem could hear him coming. One day, I saw him walking up the steps kind of weird (like all lopsided), and thought he might be hurt. But then I saw Jem laying with his paws hanging over the banister upstairs like he always does and realized that Scout was trying to sneak up on him, but scrunching the bell between his fat (imagine squeezing a necklace between your boobs) so Jem couldn't hear the bell. I snuck up on him and busted him. The look on his face was priceless! They can be so mean to each other. :(

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Missy IS tiny at just over 5 pounds. All around teeny. Jack is just so huge at 4 times her weight! He's just a big boy with huge paws and he is strong! After this pic, Missy woke up, hissed at him and he got down. Good boy!! He reminds me of a big clumsy 4 year old kid.

·
Registered
836 Posts
because she would not be caught dead sitting this close to Jack!! Jack is like "WHAT??"
LOL! It's hilarious because, even being completely unaware of their usual dynamic, you really do get a sense that Jack is like "What the heck is going on here?! Has the whole world gone crazy?!" :D

Jack next to Missy is like my 20lb. Dante next to little Miss Autumn or my previous foster, Dinah, who was even smaller at about 5 lbs; they're just on a completely different scale, like a little girl sitting beside Shaquille O'Neal.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Trust me even blind cats know when another cat is even near them. I'm sure they can hear them and smell them. My blind girls didn't put up with any shenanigans from any of the fosters. They held their own! They were amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Hah! That's a priceless expression! She must be sound asleep.

This reminds me of the time I found Blacky sound asleep on a chair at night, it was hard to see and the chair beside her had a raccoon asleep on it. Of course I first approached the sleeping raccoon thinking it was her! I'm talking I was face to face with it. The raccoon was sick/dying (walking weird, not hungry, unafraid) so I kept Blacky inside at night for the next week or so since we kept running into that raccoon.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
This reminds me of the time I found Blacky sound asleep on a chair at night, it was hard to see and the chair beside her had a raccoon asleep on it. Of course I first approached the sleeping raccoon thinking it was her! I'm talking I was face to face with it. The raccoon was sick/dying (walking weird, not hungry, unafraid) so I kept Blacky inside at night for the next week or so since we kept running into that raccoon.
LOL. This reminds me of a commercial from a couple of years ago where a lady (who needed glasses) was calling her kitty to come in for the night to "snuggles with mama." It was a big ole' raccoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts