Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's silly but I just wanted to share. I went into this shop with today, and when I got to the register there was a woman wearing all these cat pins on her vest! So I said "ah, another cat lady" smiling of course. We got into a big ol conversation about kitties. She had 5, and was quite proud to be a cat mom, telling me all about them. I told her i was getting a fourth, it was so cute how excited she was for me. Then we talked about proper care and such, both of us making sure the other had ours all fixed :lol: . She was just such a sweet lady. i also found it ironic, how i had just came from the local animal shelter that I volunteer at and it was easier to have a chat with her then anyone there at the desk or other volunteers :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knooooow! BUT I felt she was the kinda person who really would have had trouble not taking more home lol, even though animals are really well cared for there.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I've often had really nice conversations with people buying cat food in a store or cat moms and dads at the vet. Seeing another cat person is an instant bond. :)

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
I regularly have customers in my store stand around and talk about their animals...sometimes for as long as an hour. I've had customers hug each other when one was upset because a pet was sick or recently died, I've had them help each other with training techniques and even recommended products to each other. It's an environment I encourage...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
We have an informal "cat club" here at work too, where those of us who are cat-nuts talk about our cats ad nauseum. No detail is too trivial to mention. "Oh, Holly! I wanted to tell you about how [state the name here] got on my lap this morning!" It's awesome.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, I was in the grocery store line and a woman had a really neat t-shirt on, something about rescuing four paws. We talked a little. Turns out she rescues rodents (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.) Different animal, same principle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love everyones replies :) . I'm jealous of those who have people at work they can have animal loving chats with. No one really at my work are major animal lovers. Though I'm my closest friends I've met were bonding over cats/animals. 4 of them from when I worked at a book store almost 10 years ago!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cute stories!!

I'm a waitress and there is one older couple that comes in and they bring pictures of their cats for me to look at! Sometimes we're able to chat for a long time when I'm not busy, and I think it's the cutest thing that they love their animals so much they bring in pictures and want to talk about them.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, I was in the grocery store line and a woman had a really neat t-shirt on, something about rescuing four paws. We talked a little. Turns out she rescues rodents (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.) Different animal, same principle.
Yea! I am a kitty and a Rat sort of gal. Coolness!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yay! I had rats previous to owning cats and i think they are my favourite pet actually. i shouldn't be saying this on a cat forum. Yikes!
I stopped only because of their short little life spans. It's so hard to lose them so soon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yay! I had rats previous to owning cats and i think they are my favourite pet actually. i shouldn't be saying this on a cat forum. Yikes!
I stopped only because of their short little life spans. It's so hard to lose them so soon.
I know how you feel. I all so think that you can say that on a cat forum. Cat people are very loving. :butterfly

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cute stories!!

I'm a waitress and there is one older couple that comes in and they bring pictures of their cats for me to look at! Sometimes we're able to chat for a long time when I'm not busy, and I think it's the cutest thing that they love their animals so much they bring in pictures and want to talk about them.
That's adorable :luv

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On another note. My hubby would probably never let me have a rat, I don't think I would with the cats anyway. I had a friend who had rats, always really big ones.. 1 was a fiesty bugger, biting and licking (like a cat). Like you all said...the short lifespans, it was so sad how soon it seemed they would go, and she was always so heart broken. I think she eventually stopped taking them in cuz it was so hard.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
I regularly have customers in my store stand around and talk about their animals...sometimes for as long as an hour. I've had customers hug each other when one was upset because a pet was sick or recently died, I've had them help each other with training techniques and even recommended products to each other. It's an environment I encourage...
Have you ever thought about starting a monthly get together for animal people? You could supply drinks and do different topics about proper animal care, etc. I would go if my local pet store offered something like that.

I find it so wonderful when I run into people in the pet store, or even the litter section at WalMart and they will talk to me ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts