Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But last night and tonight were flea meds nights. It would have been only one night but Mia is psychic and I can't get a hold of her. Well, I've gotten ahold of her 3 times but she's squirmed away and run each time. Only Fay has gotten her meds but she hasn't forgiven me yet despite the treats.

Tonight I sleep alone. :cry:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoa. No longer funny. Mia is terrified of me and screaming away from a distance.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Time to break out the treats?

Whenever I have to medicate Shasta, who also seems to be psychic, I lure her into the bathroom where she cannot hide or escape. However ... she catches on to my 'game' too well and I still wind up having to ambush-medicate when I catch her resting and unawares.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She never falls for the treats. She can read my mind, or my body language.

I was just able to touch her for a min when I caught her asleep but I've lost her trust. She was affetioate enough when I briught her home but was always careful about some things. It was 9 months before she was comfortable with my face close to hers and a yera before she wouldn't run from me if I walked up to her at full height.

She managed to avoid the meds. Her step sister Fay got her meds then was skittish for a bit but couldn't resist the treats and now she's enjoying having me to herself for a bit. Mia's Siamese cries are pitiful. She was my little love bug and I could use that now. The place I work is falling apart and there are no jobs out there. The furkids may lose their kitty heaven house and now little miss sweetie won't come near me. Not a fun time.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Monty HATES me doing this. I use Frontline and the smell drives him crazy. I don't even have to open the little plastic container..he can smell right through it.

He goes nuts when I have put it on, squinting his eyes and crying, I feel so bad doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your work is doing so badly. I have been through that myself and was lucky to have landed on my feet. It would sure be nice for you to have both of your kitties loving you up at a time like this.:patback

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monty HATES me doing this. I use Frontline and the smell drives him crazy. I don't even have to open the little plastic container..he can smell right through it.

He goes nuts when I have put it on, squinting his eyes and crying, I feel so bad doing it.

I use Frontline on Fay and that stinks, Mia gets Revolution because it dries faster. That's becasue Fay ends up grooming Mia a lot.

I made a tiny bit of progress after that 4:30 AM post. Mia finally curled up with me in bed .She even did her "You're not going anywhere" routine as I went thru the snooze alarm process. She sat on my chest and wouldn't get off. But once out of bed she wouldn't come near me.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try her meds again this weekend. After that she'll probably never trust me again but it's warming up here and teh fleas and tics will be out in force.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry to hear your work is doing so badly. I have been through that myself and was lucky to have landed on my feet. It would sure be nice for you to have both of your kitties loving you up at a time like this.:patback
If I hadn't just run my car into a curb and popped a tire I'd leave work right now before I explode. I work for the worst scum in the world. They got caught stealing from old people but managed to get the evidence suppressed. When Charlie Crist was AG of Florida he was looking for an excuse to nail them after that. I work in IT but the sleeze permeates the company.

The kitties are gonna sense how enraged I am at what just went on

·
Registered
469 Posts
I worked in IT for 5 years, and ironically my boss and co worker got fired for stealing from the company (mostly copper). I am so sorry to hear about your car and your struggles :( I hope it all picks up for you real soon, starting with Mia feeling friendly :)

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bunny. Mia is still terrified of me. I don't want her to go indoor feral on me. There's so much space here for her to stay away and hide. I miss my snuggly purring kitty.
Can you believe I posted this back on 2/14 in the thread about how to develop a lap kitty and now my lap is kittyless.

"You people don't know what your asking for. I'm rarely allowed to stand up. And there's a LOT of kitty butt in the face too. I know they consider it polite but..."

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My kitty almost loves me again!!

Unless I'm sitting on the couch. Where the 'incident' occured.

She approahes then stops and whines. She wants to be my cuddle kitty again but we may never be exactly the same again

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
For terrible things like medicating I carry MowMow to a neutral place. I use the bathroom sink. I place him in the dry sink and medicate him there and then place him on the floor (or let him go if he's struggling like crazy).

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
My Molly is like your Mia. She is terrified of things and holds a grudge. She has had 3 vet visits, medicine and a hair cut over the past month and she is just finally starting to come out of her hiding place in the basement (I had to put food, water and a litter box near her because she truly would not come out). She did come and jump on my lap yesterday when I was taking my medications- she loves to help. I was so excited that I called my husband at work! If Molly can overcome her anger Mia can also.

I am sorry about your job. It is so bloody frustrating when going into work is so terrible. I really takes over everything in your life.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mia loves me again! Mia loves me again! I got full on kitty love with her walking back and forth on my lap purring and fac nuzzling thgis morning ON THE COUCH. She had advoided that for days. She look at me there and do a meezer anxiety whine.

This week I'm looking forward to what I usually hate on Saturday mornings.

If I'm sitting on the couch having coffee between anytime between 9AM and 11AM Mia will approach, do her lovey thing then melt onto me for a LONG nap. What I hate is having to move because I don't want to spend the entire day there. This weekend I have to have my water heater replaced so I'll be spending 2 hours Saturday morning bonding with the little girl while that's being installed.

I have a study (room of tortures) that I brought Mia to last year when I had to force feed her after she was ill. She avoids it now. The problem is in getting ahold of her to bring her there for flea/heartworm meds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts