Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

I was setting up some decorations in my living room to try to get a "Meowy Catsmas" picture of Shadow with some lights, baubles, and greenery. She seemed to be enjoying the setup for a while but then left. I went to get her after setting up some lights and she just freaked. I don't know what scared her so badly but even after taking everything down she still is all stiff and nervous when I pick her up. She even gave her little scared cry like she does when she knows she's going to the vet. I feel like such a horrible kitty-mommy.

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
I wish we knew everything about our little ones. The slightest thing could have spooked her and you'll probably never know what it is. Cinderella is always suspicious when I go to pick her up. I think she's thinking about vet visits, too. I guess waiting until Shadow comes to you is the best thing. Maybe shake her treat container or something?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ahh don't feel bad. They get scared so easily and it is hard to know what scared her. I would try to give her a treat or sit on the floor and let her come to you. The good thing she will forget whatever it was quickly.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Some kitties seem to get scared when their surroundings change. Maybe that's why Shadow is spooked. Like Marie said, give her time, lots of treats and lovin', and she'll get over it.
Also, avoid trying to pick her up for a day or two, till she's calmer. :eek:rcat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few treats, some alone time, and Shadow is much better. I got everything back the way it was and she relaxed enough and spent a lot of time on my lap. She is very shy and timid and I really hate that I did something to make her frightened, but at least she's better now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Owww she sounds very sweet, I'm sure it will give her a little courage in that she has realised that nothing bad happened to her after all and she's just fine!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm so glad Shadow is feeling a bit more confident now.
Partner accidentally scared Billie Tiddler once when he was attempting to do an impersonation of Chuck Berry. Mark you, Partner doing the duck walk in the kitchen in his dressing gown is enough to alarm anyone :lol: :lol:
But we felt really bad when Billie ran out of the room in fright. She gave him a very wide berth for a couple of days. I was worried that she'd always be scared of him after that, but after a day or 2 she seemed to have forgotten all about it :D

seashell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts