Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I knew I shouldn't have looked...I knew I shouldn't have looked...I knew I shouldn't have looked....

Isn't he adorable!?!?

Advertised as a lynx point snowshoe male kitten, 8 weeks old and born the day after Mocha passed...

I really shouldn't have looked....

I have a 2 week holiday booked in March....
He is sooooo cute....
He'd feel abandoned on my holiday....
He calls to me...
I really like girl cats....
I want to hug him so badly...

Oh I should NEVER have looked...

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
If it's a registered breeder, will they allow a deposit to hold the kitten?
If it's a shelter, they probably can't hold because they need the space.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
lynx pointers are not normal cats, we will always have one...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
They wouldn't let him go home before 12-16 weeks anyway.... You may give a call and see what is what. If this little one is meant to be, the right doors will open...the timing will be right.

Too cute just beautiful!!

I am right there with you looking at these guys waffling... Kitten love!!

Call, ask and find out the timing

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ack. OMG. Those kittens are so cute!! That said, after fostering numerous kittens, I'd go for an adult or senior kitty over a kitten any day of the week. Their personalities are already developed, they're not quite a spastic (well, most aren't), etc. I say just go to a shelter and let a cat (or catS) pick you. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
DYING over here!!! Too cute.

I agree I can't have kittens :( but I ADORE them!!!

In manhattan - I work across the street 2x a week from petco (where I got Marshall) I can't help but go in those 2 days and look at the cats :( so sad. There is a kitten brother and sisiter they have been there for months :( there is another set of brothers...they are 3years old and have the cutest personalities...so cute and playful. Breaks my heart. They always have the sweetest cats there.....really.

I can't help but torture myself :( and then buy something for my lucky two. I've already made a promise to myself. When mine go I will adopt a special needs cat or an older cat..or one of each :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
OMG, adorable is an understatement! But I'm like Emily, I will take a lazy grown up cat any day of the week over a kitten. I'm getting too old for kitten antics! I prefer the lazy, comatose, couch potato cat. After my little Stephano, who is just now starting to calm down at almost two (but he still has his moments), that just about did it for me and kittens.

Beautiful kitty baby though :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This little guy is calling to my heart....and I've seen other cats/kittens since Mocha died and nothing. He is so adorable...it is just the timing. The ad says ready for his new home...but 8 weeks is too young to leave mommy if you ask me! I know they probably wouldn't want to keep him until April 3 when we return from our holiday....

tghsmith....what do you mean by "not a normal cat"? What would such a sweetheart be like?

I really was leaning towards fostering or a young cat....oh why did I look?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
OMG Mocha's Mommy, what a CUTIE! I do agree that 8 weeks is a little young, the breeder we got Ellie from let her kittens go at 8 weeks but would hold them for longer with a small deposit... we did end up taking her at 8 weeks though - I just couldn't wait!

April 3rd is a pretty long time for holding, though! How long is your holiday? Edit: woops - nevermind! Just saw it said two weeks.

I might be in the minority here, but I love the kitten stage!! Luckily my Ellie was pretty chill for her kitten stage, but I love growing and bonding with them!

My aunt had a Snowshoe that they found as a stray (believe it or not) he was SUCH a sweetie!

And I'm going to guess tghsmith meant that they're special since they said they'll always have one! :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well shoot, if that's the ONE...it doesn't hurt to ask :). You could offer to pay for anything she needs until you can take her home...food etc. I don't see why she wouldn't...leave a deposit..maybe 75percent or full pay upfront. Good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mandy and Ellie...were there any drawbacks to adopting at 8weeks rather than waiting?
This person doesn't have any other kittens listed...just this cutie.

It has been YEARS since I adopted a kitty....if I give in...what should I think about when I meet him? What should I look for? Should he be litter trained already?

Yup...shouldn't have looked....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I really don't think so! She seemed to have everything down and was totally litter trained, independent, and happy. Well, after she cried for a few days of course... they always are scared the first few days! I do know a lot of big breeders prefer the 12-week mark, I do think the extra time with their mom can be important but I also kind of think getting Ellie so young made us her "people" even more! She still grooms us and cuddles us to this day lol

If you do adopt at 8 weeks, just make sure they've been litter trained and have been eating and doing things on their own for awhile. The breeder I chose said they had been pretty much ignoring their mom for a while and all the babies were just hanging out together doing things themselves! They'd also been vet checked and given the a-okay to go to their new homes.

Is he the only kitten left? Or was he the only one born? Does he/she have the parents? Just asking, because sometimes people buy kittens and then resell them... I actually found one of Ellie's littermates on Craigslist!!! :( They said their kid was "too rough with it" and were trying to make a profit...

·
Super Moderator
26,397 Posts
After adopting both adults and kittens, I'll only adopt adults if I ever have more cats. Kittens are HARD work.

If you have your heart set on a kitten, definitely - DEFINITELY - get two.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
almost all of the lynx point cats Ive come to know have been outgoing fun filled goofballs that jump or flump into your arms and demand attention..were on our 3rd, my mother has her number 3 and 4 at present, while my sister is on her second.. they are cats that bring you the toys when its time play. they are cats that come running when guest arrive .. plus kittenhood is so short everyone should get to enjoy it every now and then..(ps they may be to smart for their own good)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I love the kitten stage too, the antics, the blanket mouse hunts for toes, the climbing the drapes, the way they race around like lunatics, just so so darn cute, then they settle down and are lovely adults.

I personally prefer to let kittens stay with mama 12-16 weeks because I believe they learn manners and socialization skills being with mom...but Teddy is the only kitten that I've had that did stay longer, 14 weeks. He WAS really chill and seemed more confident than the others stray kittens I took on at younger ages. Most breeders would agree to hold a kitten for you if you paid up front, I believe.

The ragdoll people I am looking at have a waiting list, but at this point it is kind of nice to plan and dream..

We are here with you as you move forward, be it with this little boy or another baby!

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
You shouldn't have looked! You shouldn't have looked! You shouldn't have looked!......

because now you made me look! What total, absolute cuteness!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts