Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..the the trim on the kitchen counter. Just more proof that I am a dork.

The trim has been falling off for a while and as I was washing dishes tonight I saw the superglue tube and thought to myself I should just go ahead and fix it. I went to put a little drop on the trim and squeezed too hard and got it everywhere- the floor, my finger, the trim.

I had to call my husband in from the living room to come help me. He just rolled his eyes and asked me what I had done now.

The good news is that I am no longer stuck to the trim. The bad news is that I still have a layer of glue on my finger..lol.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Don't know if you realize this or not but Superglue will be dissolved by fingernail polish remover. Works like a charm! I've superglued a finger a time or two myself! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
PLEASE have your husband apply the polish remover. 8O :D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any nail polish remover. I was going to go down to the neighbor's house (he's a female impersonator), but it just wasn't worth having to tell the story to them.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
He's a female impersonator and you're embarrassed about getting glue stuck on your finger? :lol:

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
You know those butterfly claw hair clasp things? (sorry, don't really know what they're called) The tiny little plastic pin broke and silly me wanted to glue it back together. So I gripped it with my thumb and two fingers and the tiny drop of glue I intended on turned into a big glob of glue. Half a second later I had three fingers stuck to this little pin. What did I then do? Tried to pull them apart with my other hand.

Talk about a dork... you have no idea how hard it was to open the nail polish remover with BOTH hands glued together!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love to hear when other people have done silly things. I tend to forget that I am not the only one who trips up in life.

·
Registered
777 Posts
:lol: ... sorry .. im just glad im not the only one ..

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Trust me, Lea-Ann, you're not the only one who trips up in life. I could describe some of the things I've done, but it would take up several pages. :lol:

Did you get the superglue unglued?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hehehe. I've superglued my fingers together but I can't say that I've ever superglued myself to something else! 8O That takes talent Lea Ann! :lol: Glad to hear there are other silly people out there!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have superglues two fingers together before..... and once got some paper stuck to me too :roll: glad you got free though from the evil superglue trim :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am a walking glue disaster. There was a point in time my parents banned me from using anything except non toxic fabric glue. I was always gluing myself to things. Heck I still am, but now it's epoxy. One time.... about a year ago I broke the arm to my glasses, i tried to fix it, But I epoxy-ed my finger to the lens. I had to get new glasses. :lol:

Oh a couple years ago I was trying to super glue something while I was working up a a pool. Well the glue was stuck because it had dried at the opening. So stupid me thought it I squeezed it, it would fix the problem. Well it didn't work, so stupidly i pointed it at my face and put my eye right near the opening trying to see the clog.
Can you guess what happened? I know you can!
The superglue shot out into my eye. Lordy it burned.

I had to go to the ER, the doctors laughed at me. It was one of the more humiliating incidents in my life.. :lol:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh Lorna, I'm sorry, but I laughed too. Is your eye ok now?

The glue is peeling off, so soon the only memory I will have of the incident will be the clear packing tape holding the trim on (I'm so classy).

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
When using nail polish remover, make sure acetone is listed as an ingredient or it will not work. It is the acetone that removes the superglue. So if you have a can of pure acetone (found in the painting supplies section of home improvement stores) laying around the house, use that instead.

If you have MEK present, that is even better than acetone.

·
Registered
535 Posts
ok i feel kinda mean becuse i had to lol. but i do rember the first time i tryed using super glue i got it every were except were i needed it.

i didnt know it was so runny it was on the floor the bed and on 3 of my fingers but luckly i knew better and kept my figers clear of anything.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) is a really nasty chemical, and I wouldn't put it on my skin if I had something else to use.
It's good for some industrial cleaning applications if used with adequate ventilation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts