Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in London, so space is not really easy to come by!! I have a ground floor flat with a small garden which my cats can run around in, but I'm not keen to let them go further than our garden.

I've heard about people taking their cats for a walk and I was just wondering whether other people here have tried this?? Is it difficult? I've got two 1 year old tabby cats and so I'm thinking that now would be a good time to train them if I do try this.

I'd be grateful for your help and suggestions!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't leash-train your cats. Mine don't go outside at all, but I did buy some harness-style leashes to be able to control them in the case of an emergency, like a hurricane. (I live in FL, so it's something you do have to plan for.)

I've put the leashes on them a couple of times, and they're not happy about it, but they don't throw a fit, either. I'm sure if I walked them about the house a bit and then gradually went further from the house, they'd get used to it and probably enjoy it. Although I'm sure they'd want to chase a squirrel and would be mad when they couldn't!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts