Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 month old (can't believe she's that old already!) kitten, Isabella, seems to feel the cold. The weather has been freezing recently and she likes to lie on the ducted heating vents and even under the lamp on my desk :roll:. My other kitten (who doesn't have FeLV! yay!) is about as sensitive as a brick and he only has one feeling- "I'm hungry!" :D Do you think it is that she feels the cold, or is it more that she just likes luxury? I can't decide, but if it is that she is temperature-sensitive is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable? It's not like the house is freezing and they are inside all the time so I don't want to make the house too hot for the people who live here (not that people's wishes count when it comes to cats LOL). I'm going to put down a little blanket near one of the vents for her (she's sleeping on the one under my desk right now). Man I am such a sucker. :lol:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Cats love warmth. You will even find them sunbathing in a window on a hot afternoon.

Stephen loves heating vents. I spoil her also by moving anything that might be partially blocking the vent if I see her sprawled out over one. LOL :oops:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I don't think you need to turn the temperature up or anything -- but to spoil my kitties I have lots of snuggly beds for them, near vents but I am definitely afraid of something starting on fire, so I avoid fire hazzards. ;) I think it's perfectly normal though -- just make her some cozy spots. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts