Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has a bump on his side. ON the skin,not UNDER,I checked. I knew someone whose cat used to get those. If that's what it is,it will swell,burst,and be very painful. I dont suppose hydrogen peroxide would help clear it up,before it gets bad?

sigh. Hi-ho,hi-ho,it's BACK to the vet we go...

Someone suggesting LANCING it. :dis How do they find me?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Leave the lancing to your vet. If it's an abscess, the vet will open it, drain it, flush it, and start your cat on antibiotics which you will continue at home. Your vet may also send you home with a solution with which to flush the wound once or twice daily to make sure it heals properly from the inside out.

The sooner you get this taken care of, the better. The abscess needs to be properly drained so that the infection doesn't go systemic and REALLY make your cat sick.

Laurie

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I would usually say abscess, but do read through Heidi n Q's thread under "Health & Nutrition": "Update on one of the barn kittens. Purr-ayers needed."

What turned out to be thought an abscess was a worm! Definitely take kitty to vet to be checked out.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an appointment for Tuesday,but the weather was brutal. I'm taking him in today. We'll find out what's what. And then i'll be able to give an update. Matter of fact-must dash!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just returned from Cravers. He's got a skin tumor,common for older cats,and treatable. He's on antibiotics,and I take him in next week. My immediate concern:getting the rx in the cat -^.^-

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Great news that it's treatable!

Do you have any pill pockets? Or is it liquid?

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I've just returned from Cravers. He's got a skin tumor,common for older cats,and treatable. He's on antibiotics,and I take him in next week. My immediate concern:getting the rx in the cat -^.^-
Are the med pill or liquid. Have your vet demonstrate how to pill or inject into the mouth the rx. If all else fails get compounding pharmacy to make it so you could put it on him as a cream.. usually we put it on the inside of the ear to absorb if compounded.

Is the vet going to remove the tumor?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PRIMO!!! It's the bubblegum-flavored stuff! He LOVES it! Just lays back,and guns it like a milkshake!!!* Weird cat. But I LOVE HIM!!!

*Don't gun a milkshake. Once when I was 4... (shudder)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts