Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, Lickorish seems like a totally different kitty! Not sure what happened, if its being on premium canned food (no kibble) for a week or the new cat cubes I got a Walgreens for $7 each, or maybe after being with us 2+ months she's getting more confidence. Instead of hiding in the closet all day as she usually does, she sat in the cat cube in the hallway and was playing with the squeek mouse. I went downstairs, and next thing I hear her galloping back and forth up there..wasn't Squeek, she was with me. Lickorish never gets out and plays during the day. She did avoid letting me go near her, but she usually wants to be left alone during daytime...which is why I guess she hid in the closet or whatever other dark spot she could find.

Had to leave though, so I wonder what I'll find when I get home!

·
Registered
57 Posts
It took a good 1-2 months for Ody to really open up after we adopted him. I would say it took about 4 months, however, for him to be who he is today. :)

It's great seeing the change, isn't it? Especially from hiding in the closet to playing! My boy loves his squeak mice and his cubes... and especially his tunnels. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I got 2 tunnels few days ago. kitties just love them. Lickorish has been out exploring the whole house, even came down to the living room which she had been avoiding, when my hubby was there! She was so afraid of hubby for long time, but now i guess she just accepts that he's there and doesn't run and hide from him like she used to. Wouldn't say they're friends yet, but maybe a couple more months. Shes starting to purr when he pets her, if she's on the bed or other furniture. She's still too nervous if she's on the ground.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nice that your cats are adapting so fast! It took my Cap'n Jack about a year and he's still skittish in certain situations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts