Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning and Teddy was laying next to me(as usual). And I petted him, and he didn't purr like he usually does.. So I laid my hand on him and couldn't feel him breathe... I shook him a little, he didn't move. I picked him up a bit, he didn't move. I about paniced and shook him a little more - then the darned kitten woke up and purred. He scared me! I thought I lost him :cry:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank God Teddy was just "faking"... Since he's alive I don't want to offer my condolences but Man... that had to be a scare...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm glad to hear Teddy's still doing all right!

My fish kind of did that to me once... and don't brush it off because it was a fish, because I love my fish dearly ;) It was I think not too long after he'd gone to the vet for his cancer (see, told you I love my fish), and I turned on his light one morning expecting to come dance for me like normal, but he didn't come out of his cave. I was pounding on the tank before he looked up, dashed out, and danced for breakfast. Silly boy.

I know Teddy's sick, so anything abnormal has got to cause sudden panic :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know how scary that can be, I think it happens more with kitttens than with older cats. Our kittens used to do that often.

I'm glad Teddy is ok!!! :)

One of my ferrets did that and it was very frightening. Because it took about a minute to get him to respond!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad to hear that hes ok.

as a kid my golden retriever did that to me once. I went out to where he was sleeping and he didnt move... I shook him, and he didnt move.. I almost rolled him over and he didnt move. I was convinced he was dead. so I took off running to get my parents, and then he moved... so i came back to him, gave him a big hug and told him to never do that agian!..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts