Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my boyfriend just moved into my apartment with me. And now all of a sudden my cat, Rhombus, is peeing just outside of his litterbox. (Rhombi is a three year old male who's neutered) Its only been about 4 days. It's Wednesday and he moved his stuff in on Sunday. And Rhombus peed outside of it twice (he's pooing inside it still).

The weird thing is, I thought Rhombus liked my boyfriend! B/f would stay at my place when I left for work in the morning. And I would get pictures and stories about how Rhombus would fall asleep in the bed, lying on his arm... or sleep on the boyfriend's lap. Rhombus would never make a fuss or misbehave when he slept over or stayed a couple of days. (which I actually thought was a pretty good sign since Rhombus would actually knock stuff off the counter and BREAK it when one of my old boyfriends would spend the night! Rhombus didn't like him much haha)

He hasn't become aggressive at all. He's not changed any other behavior. Besides the peeing, I haven't seen anything change, but I find it just a little too coincidental that this happened right when the b/f moved in.

Do we think I should do something? Or will it stop if I just wait it out?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
It might be medical. Has he seen a vet since he started this? Cats don't dig change and stress can bring on a UTI.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
A vet check is a good idea to rule out any kind of medical problem. You might also replace his litter with Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter for a while to get him interested in peeing in the box. If you find this works, gradually wean him off the Attract litter to his regular litter. Give Rhombus some extra loving and interactive play with a fishing-pole type toy like "Da Bird" may also help. Good luck!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Maybe he learned it from your boyfriend. Does he ever pee just outside the toilet? :wink: I'm kidding. Has Rhombus lost his place in your bed at night, or anything? Any changes in his routine? Any type of change can bring it on. It's a good idea to get him checked by the vet just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts