Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've gone nuts! I want a British shorthair - a lighter gray with the marble markings on the side - like the cat in the movie Stuart Little.

Am I going to go buy one? NO.

But I've decided that since I'll have my doctorate in a little over a year, I am going to get one after I get this degree and move to a larger place. I will start looking in shelters - and I'll inform everyone I can about what I want - then hopefully one will come along needing a home. Or if I did decide to buy one - I would not get one from a cattery - I'd go with a show quality cat that has been bred by people who know what they are doing - - but still - with so many kitties needing to be rescued - Why buy? I could find one somewhere, right? And then donate money to the shelter - which would be much nicer.

Ok...my dreaming is over.............but I still want one of those cats!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I want one too! I've always loved how lush and round and squishy they are :D

But I could never see myself "buying" a cat. Especially at purebred prices. I've always been a shelter/stray/rescue person and while I certainly wouldn't turn one down that was in need... I don't really see very many true Brits in shelters.

While my rescue Great Dane is something I know will happen in the future... I'm leaving my British Shorthair wishes right along with my French Bulldog... not forgotten about but nothing that I'll break my heart over anytime soon.

But if you do decide to buy one in the future and feel the need to get a spare... I'd be happy to borrow it :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think their gorgeous! I'd love to have one as my next cat. I wonder if they're cheaper in Britain. I'm moving there next year... :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts