Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was feeding Sasha his morning meal, as usual. Since he only ate commercial dry with his previous owner, occasionally soaked in water to make it wet, I have been giving him chunks of raw mixed in with his canned in the morning. I have been feeding him Weruva (chicken varieties) x 4 times/day. Trust me, the boy can eat! He ends up eating about 8-10 oz of food a day, but has only been getting raw in the morning.

So he was eating his morning meal next to Azalia, as usual. But this time, he would not touch the canned. He just ate all the chicken chunks. So far, he’s eaten some quail with bones, gizzards, small disks of chicken necks, organs, beef, and pork, etc. It is definitely evident he prefers the raw. He was even inching his way closer to Azalia to bite off some of hers, but she was not having it. He got smacked around a bit, and growled at. He then refused to eat the canned altogether. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any more unfrozen chicken chunks ready for him. About 2 hours passed, and he did settle for the canned only and greedily finished his portion. So, I am thinking I need to give him raw only in the morning instead of combining it with the canned. He seems to be telling me he wants big boy food for breakfast, instead J

Awwww...my little man is growing up

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went to the Vet yesterday. I was very worried about his weight gain since I haven't been feeding him kitten specific food and absolutely no kibble. You could visibly see his ribs and hip bone before. We were there 2 weeks ago and he weighed in at 2.5 lbs.

He is now 13 weeks and weighed in 3.25 lbs....yay! No more fleas and he was dewormed again just to be safe. He won't see a Vet again until he's neutered so it was really important to me to be reassured he is gaining and growing appropriately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts