Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the animal shelter today. I just went to look......but......in a cage was a 5 year old female seal point Siamese cat. She looks to be cross something.....maybe not, but her fur is a tiny bit longer than a normal Siamese. She is SO sweet. My boyfriend will not even THINK about getting another cat....we have 2 right now in a small apartment. But I NEED to have her! There was also this little light light orange 12 week old adorable kitten. Why can't we all have houses big enough and enough money to own all the cats and animals we want?????? :?
All I can do is pray that she gets a good home.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Awwwwwww! Poor kitties. :(

My husband would never let me in an animal shelter, I'd insist we'd take them all home and we too live small and have not the best economy. We can handle the kittens we're getting, but that's it. I guess my plans on redecorating will have to wait.

Hope those cute kitties get a great home! Maybe someone on this forum lives near you and can have a look?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I feel your pain -- I went to the shelter today too. Adorable little grey girl with a white star on her chest and GREEN green eyes, complete with that constantly loving and observing look. There was also a little tuxedo heartbreaker with PERFECT little white mittens on front and socks on back, and PERFECT little shirt collar and stripe down his belly, and PERFECT little white splooches on his cheeks. You could not have painted this cat better -- little talker and a cuddler. I need them. :cry: I should not be allowed to go to the shelter. We have space, but the next apartment we are moving into in July has a max of two cats. Curse that...

·
Registered
209 Posts
i feel yr pain too...i went to petsmart today. i saw 2 fish, a lizard, and about 4 cats i wanted to take home with me :evil:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh petsmart is the WORST!! Just because I feel SO bad for the kitties there, all they get is food, water, litterbox and a carpet sample. :( They treat them like lab mice there. :(

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hehe I know what you mean, ive banned myself from visiting any shelters or Petsmart on saturdays when they have the local humane society kitties there. I just KNOW I'd be making big pouty lips and huge sad eyes at my fiance to let me get another if I did and I JUST adopted one! lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
thats why i can't go to the shelter. i would cry when i couldn't take one or six home with me.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I too have a terrible time at shelters and pet adoption days at the local pet stores. I see those little faces in those cages for days.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It's terrible to keep thinking of those little faces, as you said, Lori, but the fact that there are bars in front of them is too much to bear. No wonder some people become cat hoarders. :(

That tuxedo kitten Forjazz described sounds like the picture I have in my head. I have wanted a tuxedo kitten for a long time.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I can't go to the shelter for the same reason!
My sister had to drag me away from the bunnies they were adopting out at Petco! 8O

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Jeanie said:
That tuxedo kitten Forjazz described sounds like the picture I have in my head. I have wanted a tuxedo kitten for a long time.
Come get him! I'll get him for you! I'll drive him to Pennsylvania! He is such an angel and is very vocal and friendly like a Siamese -- you'd love him! He has the silkiest shinyest coat and WHITE teeth -- super healthy and neutered. I would love to know he has a good home and be able to check up on him but I know that I can't get him. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts