Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my kitty from a frend about 2 weeks ago, and decided to keep his name for the time being but i'd rather give him a more creative name that's suits his personality. His name rite now is bill....not very interesting lol. so my question is, would it be alright to change his name? i don't really call him bill as it is, only nicknames. would it cause a problem? and any ideas for creative names?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to feel free to change his name. I don't think he will mind. However once you decide to change his name be sure to stick with it. Your cat over the course of a few months can learn his name if you call it at feeding times and whenever you offer him attention. :D

As for names you can go through famous artists, musicians etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I found a few good names:
  • Acroy
    Royce
    Nevada
    Calypso
    Cicero
    Karnak
    Adonas
which is your favorite?(they all suit him hehe :lol: )

if you have ne others i'd love to hear them! :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Raiynee, I'd say go ahead and change the little one's name if you'd like if he's still pretty young. You didn't say how old he is. From my experience, cats usually know you're talking to/calling them from the tone of your voice, anyway. So, I don't think "Bill" would mind (in fact, he'd probably thank you!) if you changed his name.

I personally like Royce. What a handsome sounding name! 8) Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

he's not too old...he's 2yrs going on 6 months :roll: :lol: I'll be sure to tell you all what i choose! :D

p.s. Skeeter's so adorable!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: .

22Raiynee22 said:
I'll be sure to tell you all what i choose! :D

p.s. Skeeter's so adorable!
I'll be on the look-out for your decision. And thank you for the compliment. He is a handsome little guy! We tell him so probably 10 times a day :D.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thankz for your opinions, i think i'll take a while to choose :lol: i've narrowed it down to 5 tho.....so i'm almost there!! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Personally, I liked the first and last name on the list the best. I honestly couldn't tell you why. Good luck with picking him a new name! :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Wow is name choosing ever difficult 8O But i've decided! his new name is........... Vargus lol a totally different name then wut i was thinking, but it suits him! Thankz everyone for your help. it's well appreciated! :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I like Vargus..must remember if sometime I meet him :wink: ..just a bit belatedly I'll tell you my cat was Cowlee once wich to me didn't suit her, so I changed it to Madam..no matter what you change it to, he does recognize your voice above all so.. post Vargus photo sometime :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts