Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you have an embarrassing moment to tell too!

My husband and I had spent a lot of time at Ralph's Frosty when we were dating, so Mr. Ralph fondly watched us two kids grow up and get married. My husband knew Mr. Ralph, and all the burgers, etc., were prepared fresh. Well, we got married and eventually had two little girls. My oldest was four, so we chose a table, and Mr. Ralph was going to wait on us personally. I told my little girl that she was a big girl now and could give Mr. Ralph her order all by herself. I was bursting with pride when Mr. Ralph came over and asked our sweet little girl in her Sunday School dress what she wanted. VERY casually, as if she said it every day, my baby said, "Oh, I guess I'll have a beer....." There wasn't enough room under the table for me to hide completely. The strange thing is we don't keep beer in the house, and I'm a bit of a prude! Honestly! :oops:

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That story is so funny to me now, but not when it happened! I still give my daughter a hard time over it! I think she's proud of being the one who probably embarrassed her mother the worst!

C'mon guys, something embarrassingly funny happened to you! Confess!

·
Registered
656 Posts
My daughter, Caitlin, is 3.5 right now. She has the funniest personlaity I have ever seen! I could fill three pages with funny things she has done. However since this is a post on embaresing moments I will stick to those.
Not to long ago we were flea market shooping (my favorite thing to do is garage sale and flea market!! :oops: ) I was looking at some sewing patterns and caitlin asked to go over and look in a box of toys. I told her she could and she started over to them. A lady was standing next to the box browsing. Caitlin got embarresed to go so close to a strange lady so she walked back over to me. I asked her wh she didnt look at the toys and she replied (kinda loudly) "Oh I will mom, as soon as that old lady moves out of my way." :oops:
Another thing that happened recently.. I do not cuss very much, however I do tend to say sh** when frustrated about something. I kinda do it without hearing myself you know what I mean. We were shooping for halloween costumes and the aile was crowded! Caitlin picked out a costume and it wasnt in her size. I was trying to look through to find the correct size and could not find one. I told her that she was going to have to pick another costume and she said (loud) WELL SH**. I was mortified because the aile was so full of kids and moms. Everyone was looking at me. To make it worse one little girl even said mommy she said a bad word.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is so-o-o funny. Kids say the darnedest things. I about split my sides laughing when I read that. Now, there's a girl after my own heart! When my daughter was about eight or nine, she was taking piano lessons and learning to play, "Love Me Tender." I was sitting at the piano with her and she asked whether I knew Elvis. I told her yes, that he used to come over to the house for dinner all the time but that he was a very busy man and that's why he hadn't been around for a while. For a long time she would go around telling everyone that we knew Elvis. My wife could've killed me -hehe.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bean, my daughter is an adult now, and I'd be happy to have you for a son-in-law, but you have to move to Pennsylvania!

I'm going off line now, but tomorrow I'll tell you about my son as a 2 year old! Oh, it was embarrassing! Lilly, you reminded me when you told the one about Caitlin, so that'll give you a clue.

Comiskey, I teach piano. Now I know not to teach Love Me Tender! So are you(ns) gonna to come to duntun Piksburgh to see the lights this year? :wink:

For people who have never been to Pittsburgh, that strange language is Pittsburghese, in which Comiskey is fluent. I am not allowed to speak it, because I teach English also, but I'm allowed to write it. :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I promised, so here I am! Where are your stories, by the way?

My baby boy was two, and had a good vocabulary, but couldn't yet make the "tr' sound. He always replaced "tr" with "f," so the train was a fain, of course. Well, my husband always carried him on his shoulders so he could see everything. We were in K Mart, looking for a few essentials, when my husband spotted the toy department, just a few aisles away. Well, from my position, I heard lots of "Wooky, Daddy," and Ohs and Ahs! So all was fine until my husband walked down the aisle with toy trucks.

Lets put it this way...It was bad enough that he said "truck" in his own peculiar way, but he preceded THE WORD with "Wheeee." Think about it. I don't want to! I just took my cart and quickly got as far away as I could. But on my way, I saw my husband's face turn red and the large "embarrassment vein" sticking out on his forehead!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I'm not gonna tell my embarrassing stories, but I'll tell ya a kid story.

Several years ago, my cousin (4 years old) was playing with her friend and they were trying to outdo each other with 4 year old talk. Anyways, the little friend was bragging about her mommy, she was saying that her mommy was going to have a baby--probably a baby girl. My cousin decides she has a better one, so she says "My mommy's going to have a cow!" Apparently she was playing with something that she shouldn't have been and her daddy yelled at her the night before, "If you don't leave that alone, Your mom is going to have a Cow!" I don't know whether she believed that about the cow or not????? :D

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's funny!. You have to watch everything you say around children or they take it literally. When my sister-in-law (an adult when I was little) gave me a sponge bath, she told me I had radishes growing in my ears-from all the dirt! I was worried, but I couldn't see them in the mirror!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I agree! I remember being a little kid and my Grandpa was talking about the TV "blowing up". I was afraid to watch TV because I thought there would seriously be an "explosion"! :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts