Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a guy.. and i was taking a pee.... then what appeared between my leg??? kitty decided to go between my leg and put his front paws on the toilet edge... hhhehehe i nearly pee'ed on him.... i shouted at him and he ran away :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,614 Posts
My cats have always followed me into the bathroom. I think they like the tinkling sound. I had one who thought flushing was amazing! And, of course, they must supervise our showers and baths. I think it's in their contract......In fact, I think it's against kitty law to completely close the bathroom door when someone's in there! :wink:

·
Registered
179 Posts
When Oliver was still alive, he thought that whenever you sat on the toilet it was "lovein" time. He would jump up in your lap and start purring...kinda an uncomfortable situation...

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Oh gosh, that's funny!! When Velvet was a kitten she used to sit on the edge to the bathtub when my husband was using the toilet and take "swipes" with her paw at the pee! It was a riot to watch but we really didn't want to encourage it for obvious reasons. :wink:
Cats do for some reason think it is "kitty time" when their human is in the bathroom

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow! To think my kitten isn't the only weird one either. If I leave the bathroom door open (if I'm home alone or something) and I go to the bathroom a lot of times she will come in and try to see what I'm doing. So I have to keep her away from the toilet with my feet while I go to the bathroom. :? (I'm a guy by the way) and when I take showers (I leave the bathroom door open bc thats where her kitty box is and in case she has to go I don't want to have her shut out) she will sit on the toilet and watch and wait there until I get done. It's odd. Although she hasn't done that much lately she used to do it all the time up until about a week ago I think. Anyway have a good day everyone. Just wanted to add Kali's habit in. LOL Take it easy!

- Randy

·
Premium Member
28,614 Posts
Randy, You know that's her job. She's slacking off, is she? Maybe she's been told the facts of life by an older cat, and doesn't want to embarrass you! LOL My male cat likes to play with the bubbles when I take a bubble bath. He has come very close to falling in. The bathroom just seems to be the most interesting room in the house to cats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
jeanie, that's funny. my cat mabel loves to sit on the side of the tub, too! she casually lets her tail drop in sometimes, and always tries to drink the water. yuk! :shock:

then i got a new kitten, lola and she was trying to figure out how to jump up there so she could hang out with big sis... well, she overshot and SPLASH right into the bath with me. needless to say, the bathroom is still her fave place, but not the bathtub!

:wink:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Samhain will sit on the edge when I'm in the bath and stick her arms in all the way up to her neck and just swirl them around in the water. I haven't had a bath since we got Psi because its too bloody hot and baths are a winter thing for me. He likes to jump in the tub though, so we will start the faucet and put some toys in there for him. He doesn't seem to hate it, which is good. Hopefully the next bath time will be easier - he tore me to pieces last time!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Awwww! Yeah I know thats her job. LOL I think I jinxsed myself because she's started it back up now. The other day I took a bath because I was all sore and I didn't feel like taking a shower. :oops: Anyway, I had the curtain shut and everything and about five minutes after I was in there I noticed that she was sitting in the back corner of the tub! She somehow jumped up without me noticing and had her head and her front paws inside the curtain. I was so embarassed I hollared "HEY!" and put her down and she didn't come back up. LOL It was pretty funny.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is so funny! I thought my cat was just wierd, because whenever I go to the bathroom, she always walks in and starts to purr. It is like it is our special time together. I don't keep her litter box in there, and since she hates water, I never thought she would want to "bond" with me, but she loves me most when I am in the bathroom.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My cat never comes in the bathroom. I think its coz my mum took her in the bath with her to give her a bath!!!! lol as u can guess she didnt like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to this site and this is my first ever post. Thanks for having me! I have 2 kitties, Madison (female 10 months) and Willy (male 6 months) who both love the bathroom. I cannot close the door, and when I am forced to because of guests, they both paw under the door until I open it again. When I'm alone, as soon as I sit down, Madison is either on my lap or in the tub playing like a mad cat with a toy she brought in with her. Willy, my very regal and aloof kitty, tries to open the sliding doors while I shower. Madison just sits and waits patiently on the toilet seat. It's very cute!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts