Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fell in love with this little beauty today at the bc spca and just could not walk away without taking her home. She's only believed to be between 12-16 weeks and was an outdoor cat... which means she got into a lot of trouble being the super frisky kitten she is and she got hit by a car . The SPCA said that the owners were not willing to pay the vet bill and they forfeited her to the vet and I guess that's when the vet contact at the SPCA. We named her Seraphina and are overjoyed she has come to join our family she is quite striking..
I wonder what breeds she has in her?
I did not know what those black marks on her face were until someone mentioned they are called "cheetah tear marks"? Do you know anything about these?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
I have no idea, but I couldn't have walked away from her, either. What a precious little kitty.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
What a little cutie!!!

Cats don't have "breeds in them". There are a few natural breeds, but for the most part the breeds have been created by taking non pure bred cats with similar traits and interbreeding them for the traits that are desired. So your cat is a domestic medium (or long) hair or DMH.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Wow, she is beautiful. There are others who know much more than I do about coloring, but I think she's a patched tabby.

She does have really unusual markings on her face. By "cheetah tears," I assume you mean the dark lines that go from her eyes down either side of her nose? I don't know that I've ever seen them before, or if I have, definitely not as pronounced. They give her a bit of the big cat look! The lines that go from the eyes towards the back of her head, her "mascara," the "M" on her forehead and the stripes that you can see in a few places (foreleg) are typical tabby markings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
thank you yes that is what I was talking about. Not sure I have ever seen other. she just caught my eye :)
I really don't know her age but now others and the spca are saying she is closer to 5 months. . but maybe underweight. She was 1/2 an ounce under 4 lbs when I took her yesterday. I thought she might be a bigger cat but now so unsure LOL her paws are big but I guess we will see how she grows! Few more picture if you like :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and these last pictures, is pretty true to her colouring. They were taken with my better camera not iPhone :)

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
:luv

Those cheetah tear marks are so striking! I looked them up and all the pics I found were on actual cheetahs. So you do have a mini Big Cat!

Looks like she may be a longhair, or maybe medium? She's got a nice fluffy tail and adorable ear tufts.

I've always thought paw size was related to overall size too, so I'd guess that she will be a pretty good-sized kitty. Of course, you are required to post more pics as she grows so we can see... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts