Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thanksgiving of 2003 I found a mummy on my property. I sent it to a friend of mine who owns a museum in Mo. Many tests have been done on the mummy and it is a full grown cat......except for one thing.

It's ONLY 5 1/2 inches long! Here's what some of the scientist said.

Dr. Gibbons e-mail

"A.B. Physics 1965. L.H.D. 1976. Worked AEC, Hughes Aircraft Co. Lear-Siegler, Inc., Northrop-Grumman
I emailed a Mammalogist from Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield and attached some photos of the Mystery Mummy. He said he needed a photo with a ruler to show scale, so I emailed him one of the photos the person in Nevada who found the Mystery Mummy took and sent to the Vault. The scientist came back with an opinion, which is very interesting. He said it appears the Mystery Mummy is a member of the cat family, and that it appears to be an adult because of the mature teeth in the creature. Now, if it is an adult species of cat and only 5-6 inches long, what is it? I remember my history of prehistoric times and how mammals developed as tiny creatures alongside the dinosaurs. When the dinos died out, then mammals grew larger and larger. Think of a prominent cat--the sabertooth tiger! That was large and mean! Maybe our Mystery Mummy is a missing link, or early mammal that should have been extinct millions of years ago. We are going to visit a Cryptobiologist at Drury University next month. Stay tuned for the next installment in the search for the truth about the Mystery Mummy. Dr. Robert Gibbons"

This is the second notice.

"We took the "Mystery Mummy" to Drury University in Springfield, where it was examined by a Cryptobiologist and an Anatomist in the Biology department. The little creature was literally "put under a microscope" and the scientists used "keys" of known animals to help identify it, in addition to bringing out skulls and a mummified cat that was trapped in the chapel wall for a hundred years! Larry took video and digital photos of the tests and will post still photos here later.

The scientists said it appears to be an adult cat by its teeth, but held it up beside the mummy of an adult cat that was trapped in the chapel wall and our little fellow is about the size of the other cat's HEAD! So we still have a mystery on our hands!" Dr. Robert H. Gibbons

Now I live in an extremely secluded area in Nevada. This mummy appeared on my property out of the blue. We are always outside and it was NOT there before. It was located on a pathway going towards the barn. Our property is completely fenced off to keep out the wild horses and burro's. Some scientists say, "The mummy could have been dropped from the air by a bird of prey." Have any of you heard of such thing or have any idea where this little cat came from? Many more tests are being done. The mummification process most likely destroyed the DNA. I will not post any pictures here because it may offend some people. However, I will post a link if anyone is interested in seeing this thing.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I cant help with anything, but i would be extremily interested to read more, if you dont want to post the link could you PM me it? thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Boy that's really interesting! A cat would only have to be about 6 months old to have its adult dentition, but it's hard to imagine such a tiny guy surviving for that long if he really were such a runt!

One thing I observe in the photos is that the molar (last tooth) in the upper jaw is a *lot* bigger and more developed than you usually see in modern domestic cats. But I guess that just deepens the mystery! :shock:

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
866 Posts
So is it a mummy or fossil? Sorta confused I guess.

Cause if it's a mummy, it probably wouldn't be old enough to be a missing link. But if they're baffled, it could possibly a little known species. If a bird were to have dropped it, it makes sense it would be mummified (I doubt they would be attracted to fossils).

If it's a fossil, it's rock and would be much older.

Where are you? If it's quite arrid it could be a natural mummy - dried out due to nature.

Sounds bizarre though. If it's teeth are cat like, it must be a carnovore, and there aren't many that small. Maybe it's young? Also - it could be a foreign animal not native to the area. Hitched a ride up hidden in a truck or something.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ok - saw the pics. :oops: It is a mummy by the looks of it. Very odd though - I have no idea what it is or where it could have come from. Unfortunetly the head is hard to make out. Doesn't look pointed though (like a rodent). I wonder if it could be a raccoon like animal?

Oh - I thought I'd mention natural mummies are quite rare. They have to have enough time to form (dry out and preserve) without contact from any animal that would feed on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
catnip.......as the raven flies....about 45miles north of me. But hey I wasn't going to go there! :shock: We are located in the high desert in Nye county Nevada.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Well speaking from the governments P.O.V it doesnt actually exist.
Speaking from ours, its this huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge i mean huge area in america where, well who knows what goes on. There are allsorts of roumors of what happens, some say aliens are there, like some say the roswell thing, that aliens did land but they were taken to area51. But i beleive its not on any maps, you cant get near it, aparently not anywhere near to see a building.

But ask any government person thingy (lol) about it and they will look blank- it doesnt really exist. (well it does but the government deny its there LoL)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Yes, it's a top secret military base NW of Las Vegas. I would not even want to speculate what goes on there, you can't even get close to it and if you see the warning signs, you went way too far. Having been to the Nevada desert twice myself, I would bet this 'mystery mummy' has something to do with the goings on there. ( insert twilight zone music here ). :shock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts