Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Copied from the members sig: (here's a post so you can view it yourself.)

~Think it's hard to put on a condom? Try doing it with paws! PLEASE spay and neuter your pets~

While I understand the point, is this a little too over-the-top considering that some of our members are teens and pre-teens?

I also have a question, do we as mods have the ability to change someone's sig? The thought occured to me that someone could put someting really offense in a sig and we wouldn't be able to do anything about it other than remove all of their posts. (If we do the ability, I didn't see it.)

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
No we dont, thats only a administrator job, not moderator, but catman can change it.
Maybe you could pm him and explain the situation.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Since catman is often busy, it might be wise to send a friendly PM to the member, explaining that there are children here, and asking if she would change it. It would be a catchy phrase in an adult type site, but certainly not for us. :roll: Kids would certainly be asking, "What's a condom?," and Mom and Dad would have to do some fancy side-stepping not to get into the details of sex while the child is too young. I answered every question my children asked- but you don't want to get into details until they are a bit older!

Rob, Since this seems to be a woman, would you like one of us to send the PM? Let us know.

If she doesn't change it right away, we can ask catman to handle it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I agree it is a bit too graphic. Good euphanism (spelling on that was HORRIBLE) but it's a bit too in depth. Even a simpler "would you have unprotected sex" would be much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts