Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ice will turn 8 months old on January 13th. He is still the loving and purring little white cutie, except for the "little" part.

Ice has a "brother" here at the forum, Magneto :) who is also named Ice (his middle name) and has one blue eye and one yellow, too. He owns Rach (RachandNito)

warning: LOTS of pictures coming...
The newborn pics show some blood so I warn people who might get upset with them.

May 13th 2011, Ice was born, along with 2 white brothers, a tabby brother and a tortie sister. His dad is the brother of my kitty Sun, who passed away in November 2010. So these are all Sun's little nephews and niece.

With brothers and mom, Ice is the one in the middle with the black spot on his head

3 weeks old, Ice is the first one at the left

The one at the right

This is the one I'm adopting!

4 weeks old

6 weeks old, with brother "Coraje" who also has one blue eye and one yellow (Ice at the left)

6 weeks old, starting to show his white kitty cattitude

8 weeks old, with brother Phantomas (Ice is at the back). They both came to my house that day, to start ringworm treatment. Tortie girl went to another home, and the other white and the tabby kittens stayed with mom and dad.

At home, finally

July 18th, almost 9 weeks old, with brother Phantomas

11 weeks old

They day before Phantomas left with his new mom and dad, 12 weeks old.

First night alone, I had to go and sleep with him in his room. After that day, he insists on sleeping just like that, hugging my hand

First night with the boys. Gatito observing from a distance, Rulos (center) and Chikis (right) trying to be friendly. 14 weeks old.

14 weeks old

September 13th, 4 months old

October 29th, 5 months old

Almost 7 months old

...and today, almost 8 months old, with his typical "I'm a cool cat" face :cool:

Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
OMG Lenka he is SO handsome!! I see so many parallels between him and Magneto...
-The "cool" face
-The natural swagger
-Pink little ears and nosey
-The hand hugging

For those who are wondering, Magneto and Ice are both heterochromic kitties but their eyes are opposite! Magneto's right eye is blue, and left green. Ice, is the other way around. Ice has a broader nose and a stronger jaw. He seems like he will grow into a stronger, more muscular and heavy set cat than my lanky boy. But they will always be brothers, even from afar!

Compare:

Lenka sent Magneto and I a wonderful gift for the holidays. A hand carved little cat figurine. It is positively stunning, and I was touched and surprised beyond belief to receive it. I too am working on a gift, but it's a little late... when I finish we can post pictures :) Thank you again, Lenka... that was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have *ever* received. :hugs:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for your replies!

Rach, I agree with you Nito and Ice have a white kitty cattitude, with that natural swagger hahaha!

Sweet Magneto, I love that picture!

I'll look for more hand hugging pictures. And I really have to post that video of Ice getting upset when I sneeze, very funny.

Hugs!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. gorgeous cat. Simply gorgeous. Those eyes are amazing. Sorry for sounding ignorant but does that mean he is deaf on one side?
Thank you :wink Oh you don't sound ignorant at all. Ice's hearing is perfectly normal. And Nito's is too, isn't it Rach? Some people affirm that if a heterochromic cat is white and one eye is blue, the cat will be deaf in the ear on the same side of the head as the blue eye. But that's not necessarily true, although there's a higher probability for those cats to be deaf...

Anyway, Ice is not completely white. He has like 5 or 6 black hairs on top of his head :smile: it used to be a bigger spot, not it is almost completely gone.

So he is actually a "bicolor" cat hahaha!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
And Nito's is too, isn't it Rach?
Yes. I think so. I know he can hear quite well, that is for certain. Though I have witnessed a few events over time that had led me to believe that his hearing may not be as keen as the other cats.

Lenka- Nito had a gray spot on his head when he was a kitten (I saw him come in to the HS when he was really little, but then he went into isolation for a couple months because his litter was sickly.) I never got a picture. But it was down to a couple of hairs when I adopted him at 4 months old and at this time has completely disappeared. I have heard of lots of white cats born with gray spots that eventually disappear.

Enjoy being a bi-color while it lasts Ice! ;-)

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Why do a lot of otherwise all white cats have small black patches on the top of their heads.
When I was a child we had a Tom cat named pinky who was all white except for 2 patches on his head, he was called Pinky because during the summer his nose and ears would become sun burnt and pink.
He was an incredible hunter who frequently took out birds and even squirrels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.