Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys, just wondered what people had on their cats ID tags...

I read somewhere you shouldn't put the cats name etc so I just wondered what you guys had.

I am gonna get dylan a jewelry collar and tag I think - he deserves spoiling after being ill on Thursday :p

Any feedback appeciated!

Hayley x x x

·
Registered
465 Posts
I heard for dogs that you shouldn't put the name, but with cats it doesn't really matter. The reason that the article said was that if someone knows the dog's name they can use it to gain his/her trust... but that it doesn't work the same way with cats... or something... it was a while ago.

All of mine have just their name and my phone number. And they're all microchipped as well because their collars are the safety ones that snap apart (and I'm glad they are - we found a collar hanging off of something in the basement once!!).

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I have their name and my mobile phone number on it.

I used the cell phone number because I often take them with me to our cottage up north.. if they get lost up there my home phone number won't do much good.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Fancy :lol: I want to get mine nice collars. Right now they all have the basic nylon ones.

My tags have their name, my name, cell phone # (I don't have a house phone)

My Puppies tag has his name, our address, my boyfriends name & cell phone #, on the back my name & cell phone #, our roomates name & cell phone #

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
On Skeeter's tag (a little black circle), we have:

His Name
My cell #
Our address (because my cell number is long-distance for where we live now, so I wanted people to know he actually lives in our town, not where my cell phone is listed--about an hour away!)

His collar is a tiger-print Safe Cat collar with a little orange bell on it. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
My kitty collars & tags have
our phone number and
our full address
on them, but the cats only wear them during vet visits or anything that would require them to leave the house, since they are strictly indoor cats. I had such fun picking out collars & leashes back when I bought them!! So much to choose from.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad that you settled on something to put on the tag - and I love what you picked out by the way! :)

This is what I put on our baby's tags -

Cat's Name
Our Last Name
Our Cell Phone and House #s
And we had the word "Microchipped" on the last line (since they both are)

We had them both microchipped cause they have a tendency to lose their collars when they get caught.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Oooh post a link to that site!

I have the vet's number on there with an ID# -- it's just the one they gave us at the vet, I haven't had special ones made, but I figure it will do the trick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts