Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me identify what type of cat I got, I’m pretty sure he is either a Maine coon or a Norwegian forest cat, he might be a mutt also, but about 8 years ago there was a exotic cattery that sold (Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Persians, and Wegies) my mom went there to buy me a replacement for my orange cat that got excaped and got ran over, when she got there she found out they had closed/moved, but out of the corner of her eye she noticed a cat and kittens under a cracked garage door she grabbed an orange one, and brought it home to me, I fell in love with the cat and I wanted to get another one as close to him as possible. So here are some pictures help me identify him please.

For larger images then below click here http://18.79.4.2/baby/large/

For larger images click here http://18.79.4.2/baby/large/

·
Registered
88 Posts
I chose Maine Coon...but he's likely not full blooded Maine Coon. It looks like he's got alot of it in him though, but not enough to classify him as a "mutt". :)

I call Keeter a Maine Coon even though she's more of a Maine Coon mix. I think that's what this kitty is...a Maine Coon mix..he has alot of their beauty in him!

Oh and he's absolutely adorable!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my own personal opinion id say that he is a maine coon wegie mix, ive been looking at comparisons and comparison charts of maine coons and wegies

Wegie
-----------------------
He hass the 2 layers of fur a nappy underlayer and shiny outter coat
Daintier Pointed mussle
He hind legs are longer then his front
Smaller then adverage Maine Coons
Almond shaped eyes
His neck ruffle is larger then a maine coons "he looks like a lion in the winter"
His white and orange color fur have different texture

Maine Coon
----------------------------
His profile view of his nose is curved
Ear fur is not long and draped
His tail is long and bushy but not as bushy as normal wegies
Wedge shaped head
His ears are set to the sides of his head and not right ontop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.